• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Camera Profile Matching for Canon RP

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to lighroom 8.3.1 but I still found the Camera Profile (Portrait, Landscape, Standard) are showing missing.

擷取.JPG

May I know this is my problem of version or this is adobe's issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the issue you are facing the color profiles for the Canon EOS RP.

Would you mind updating Lightroom Classic to the latest version (8.4.1) through the Creative cloud and check if that helps or if you get the same issue?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, would think that version would support that camera. This shows that it should:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

When you click on the misbehaving profile, and then select Browse, and navigate to Camera Matching, what do you see?

Not at a computer, stuck in a waiting room for auto service, so, I cannot share with you the folder path to inspect and/or diagnose, where the profiles are kept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 4 profiles are what I imported. But you can see the profile is missing

example1.JPGexample 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean the Profile is missing. Are you saying the Camera Matching profiles are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also update to 8.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not import camera matching profiles. Camera matching profiles come with lightroom classic. Now you can import third party profiles that mimic in camera film simulations. Your screenshot looks like you are looking at the later. You should be able to browse and find a section called camera matching.

You can see some confusion. Camera Matching or third party?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i m already on 8.4.1 but is still the same, where can i download the official camera matching profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://loadedlandscapes.com/how-to-use-profiles-in-lightroom/

And are you refering to Camera Matching Profiles, discussed in the link, Item 2?

or  some third  party ones  you got off the internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, point 2, I am looking for the camera matching profile. i dont mind to input manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, dirty word.

Went and downloaded a Canon RP RAW file. Brought it into my copy of Lightroom Classic. Thought I would provide some step by step examples with screenshots. But dang, no Camera Matching Profiles.

CLICK on the current Profile

Image 1.png

Clcik on Browse

Image 2.png

Thewn scroll down to Camera Matching. Opps, no Camera Matching

Image 3.png

And looking for the profiles, on my PC, no joy.

Windows:  C;/ProgramData/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a canon rp raw file, but the path you mentioned is for importing a .dcp file. Where can I get a canon RP .dcp? 擷取.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason LR Classic's RAW engine and the ACR system, which is what is used in LR Classic, does not have Camera Matching Profiles for the Canon RP camera. They are there for the Canon R camera but not for the RP which is newer. Maybe the next version of LR will included them, not sure, don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe apparently hasn't created the camera matching profiles for the Canon EOS RP. See this post:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Lightroom-Classic/Is-Canon-EOS-RP-camera-matching-profile-coming/m-p/...

You can add your 'Me To' vote and comments at the below post:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-camera-matching-profiles-ca...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so sad that the issue has been 9 months without hearing any update......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any official mailbox to file the case to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any official mailbox to file the case to adobe?

You can post your feature request over at:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"is there any official mailbox to file the case to adobe?"
A request has already been entered at the Photoshop Family website at the link I provided. The more 'Me To' votes added there themore likely Adobe will provide camera matching profiles for the Canon EOS RP.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-camera-matching-profiles-ca...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Canon EOS RP uses the same sensor as the EOS 6D MKII. Someone has already converted the 6D MKII camera matching profiles at the below link so they can be used with the EOS RP. The results should be very similar to the Adobe created camera matching profiles, which remian to be created.....if ever?
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4418030

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines