• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom can't detect any of my photos on my computer at all

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import my photos no images show up. This applies to whenever I plug my camera in as-well no photos show up. Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 4.41.27 PM.png

It doesn't matter what source I click or if I click desktop, applications, systems, etc... No photos are showing up. I've rebooted multiple times. I've even installed lightroom and redownloaded it twice. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where your photos are on the Macintosh HD? Have you been using the Apple Photos app? If so, it has put the photos in a folder not readable outside the Apple Photos app.

Not seeing images on your camera is a separate issue. Is the memory card still in the camera? Does the camera show up in Finder? Try another cable between the camera and Mac. The one you are using may be bad.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some photos on my desktop and it won't detect any of them. Yes, I usually use the Apple Photos app but have been importing directly from my camera lately because that how my professor likes it. Also yes I just tried using a different cord and nothing changed:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you given permission for Lightroom to access the drives? There should've been a macOS security prompt on this. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to import photos a few days ago so I did have access. My laptop did have a software update so I'm not sure if that changed anything. Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 4.19.13 PM.png

Here is what I have check-marked for lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Lightroom Classic Preferences: How to set Lightroom Classic preferences (adobe.com)  

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, you saved me. That did the trick it's detecting now. Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it's working for you now. Resetting the LrC preferences is a good idea any time unexpected things happen 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines