• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom can't import photos (Mac)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running build 1014445 which seems to be fully updated. I can't import photos from desktop or from removable drives. When I try to import photo's it hangs and I end up having to force kill it. I can add photo's by manually copying them to my directory then syncing the folder in LR so they show up. In the import window I can browse to the removable disk folder with the images and it shows files there however the thumbnails never show up like it can't actually read the file like a permissions issue. In system preferences I have access to desktop, documents, pictures and removable drives selected. Tried adding "Full disk access" and that doesn't help. Previously I removed all permissions and re-added them. That seemed to last about one reboot. 

Defeats the purpose of even using (paying for) the app if its that clunky. Anybody know of a work around/fix? Seems like it started around the time I (regrettfully) updated to catalina. Running 10.15.3 currently.

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina has a new security app. Run that and turn on all the options for Lightroom.

If that does not get the job fully done, use Finder to check the drive and folder permissions; they often get reset during a Mac OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.... I had the same issue. A simple solution to a problem I had that had me scratching my head after I restored my imac to factory settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of Lightroom Classic , on the MAC, bring up the MAC's System Preferences. Select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folddrs, for Lightroom Classic App (and while you are at it for Photoshop) make sure all the boxes are checked.

Tyically the issue is Removabke Volumes.

8ADC2154-B887-45AB-B4F0-133AF8F2AD27.png

This is all about the increased cyber security in Catalina, and relates to restricting privildges fir Apps.

some other/additional info

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-privacy-preferences-on-mac-mh32356/mac

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission 

You might want to scroll up and check Photos as well. (If that is where you store your photos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  This worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what BUILD you are running but the most current built number for LR Classic is Lightroom Classic version: 9.2 [ 202001311240-2d026470 ]

So if somewhere, like from System Info in LR Classic, you got the build number, it certainly is Not the most current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or is that somehow the number of OS X you are actually running? 10.14.xxx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Running build 1014445 

That sounds like Lightroom CC 2015.0 or Lightroom 6.0

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/what-version-lightroom-do-i-have/td-p/8318560

If that 5 year old version is the version you're running, it sounds like you've upgraded to Catalina 10.15.3 with that version of Lightroom already installed.

Having CC 2015.0/6.0 already installed is the only way of running that version with Catalina. It cannot be installed afresh on Catalina because it comes with a 32 bit installer which Catalina does not support.

So do you have a Creative Cloud membership or are you running Lightroom 6.0 (perpetual license)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines