Highlighted

Lightroom can't open RAW files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to a new camera, a Canon 6D Mark II. When loading images from my macbook air, into Lightroom it says preview unavailable.  Im using Lightroom 5, but it says the version is 10.12. I also can no longer view them on my mac in previews either. 

Lightroom 5 cannot read Canon 6D Mark II raw images. You need to either subscribe to the current version of Lightroom Classic (which is version 9.2.1) or you need to use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter, which will allow you to convert your RAWs to DNG, which can then be imported into LR 5.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom can't open RAW files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to a new camera, a Canon 6D Mark II. When loading images from my macbook air, into Lightroom it says preview unavailable.  Im using Lightroom 5, but it says the version is 10.12. I also can no longer view them on my mac in previews either. 

Lightroom 5 cannot read Canon 6D Mark II raw images. You need to either subscribe to the current version of Lightroom Classic (which is version 9.2.1) or you need to use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter, which will allow you to convert your RAWs to DNG, which can then be imported into LR 5.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Converter can be downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0