• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cannot import photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now using version 2015.9 with camera raw 9.9 lightroom(mac). When I select import photos, the main screen appears nothing.
I tried both photos in an SD card and in pc's hardrive , none of it worked. Despite it's a raw file or an jpg file, lightroom can't read it.
At first lightroom was working fine, but then suddenly I can't import files, it's the first time I met this problem.
I'm using a sony nex-5n
Please if anyone could help me.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

You have nothing selected on the right side and the Destination is not showing... the Destination needs to be selected first

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this

In the Import dialog box, click on COPY (if it is not already selected) and make sure the Destination Panel on the right is present and expanded and a valid destination folder is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj_paige, I tried but the preview is still empty. I selected copy instead of copy as dng.
By the way, do you know what's the difference between these two arrows??螢幕快照 2017-04-09 15.47.45.png.
The upper one has a subfolder, but the other doesn't, still Lightroom can't catch the photos in both...
I tried to open photos on Photoshop, it works. I don't know if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twombats  wrote

The upper one has a subfolder, but the other doesn't,

That is the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ManiacJoe

I was just wondering if that's the problem, but I'm pretty sure it's not after your explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

螢幕快照 2017-04-09 17.10.52.png
If anybody needs a screenshot, here it is. The folder from the import contains jpg files, but Lightroom can't catch them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have nothing selected on the right side and the Destination is not showing... the Destination needs to be selected first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Geoff the kiwi!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED

And thank everyone who helped me XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution involving the Destination panel did not work?

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Which exact NUMBER version of Lightroom?

In great detail, describe the problem and your settings. A screen shot or two might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also not able to Import pictures into Lightroom anymore. The only drop down box on the left side says Macintosh HD. I cant get to any of my files. I have Lightroom Classic 9.2 Release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running Catalina, there is a new security app that you may need to use to turn on all the permissions for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that the reason why i cant see muy photos when I select my d3300? it appears nothing

help please! where can I change the permissions of lightroom?Captura de Pantalla 2020-03-14 a la(s) 23.53.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the security settings for Lightroom, it is something like:

Mac system settings > Security and Privacy

Eventually, back in the Lightroom Import dialog, you may need to choose "files" instead of "devices". Using a card reader is preferable to directly connecting the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias! Me has ayudado con esta respuesta!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Hi I'm not able to import photos coz I can't  check all photos and cannot import photos. I'm I irritated now pls help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An answer marked correct is given above. Click on COPY, then make sure the Destination panel is present and expanded and points to a valid folder (one that actually exists) and then you can click back on ADD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines