Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog cannot update the location of my files

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am feeling a little desperate. I use an external hard drive for my lightroom catalogs and for storing the images from said catalogs. I regularly switch from my PC laptop to my iMac, depending on where I work. Now when I open the catalog with the PC (windows 8), shows that all the files are missing, but the folders are not missing (not ? marks at all). I tried "updating the location of the images", but it does not change anything at all. I need to be able to access to the latest changes I made on the catalog, but have no idea how to proceed.

Also, small point, when I try now to reconnect the external hard drive on the iMac where I was working just yesterday, it won't even mount the hard drive.

Can anyone help me? I have just had to cancel a client meeting because of this problem 😞

Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the files in Windows File Explorer on the PC? If so what happens if you try to open one of the files by double-clicking on it? What type of external drive are you using and have your tried a using different USB cable and a different USB port on your PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can, and I can open them in Photoshop (they are RAW images). The external hard drive is a WD My Passport 4TB, which I formatted to Exfat. I have tried connecting with differet USB cables and ports indeed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format  is the external hard drive partitioned in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your MAC OS Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Thank you for your response!

My Mac is High Sierra and I am not sure if I partitionned the external hard drive, but I formatted it to exfat. 

The external hard drive is a WD My Passport 4TB. I have also tried connecting with differet USB cables and ports indeed, with no success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the Windows 8 PC what drive letter is showing for the external drive in LR's 'Folders' panel? Is it the same as the drive letter when viewed with Windows File Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines