• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalog completely missing after CC Classic upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I performed the Lightroom CC Classic upgrade, and when it asked to upgrade the catalog, of course I clicked yes. Now the program opens, and there are zero photos in the catalog. I can navigate to only two ircat files now, and they are both brand new files with zero images. My original catalogs are gone! ????

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

In the Lightroom catalog that does open (even if empty)- can you go {Menu > File > Open Recent}

What do you see?

Have you searched the computer for catalog files that have the file-type of  .LRCAT  ?

If your working catalog (or catalogs) have really totally disappeared then you will have to restore from your most recent Catalog backup.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/disaster-strikes-corrupted-catalog/#restore

Note; Recent versions of Lightroom make Catalog backups in .ZIP files, so you would need to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lightroom catalog that does open (even if empty)- can you go {Menu > File > Open Recent}

What do you see?

Have you searched the computer for catalog files that have the file-type of  .LRCAT  ?

If your working catalog (or catalogs) have really totally disappeared then you will have to restore from your most recent Catalog backup.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/disaster-strikes-corrupted-catalog/#restore

Note; Recent versions of Lightroom make Catalog backups in .ZIP files, so you would need to extract the .LRCAT catalog from the .ZIP file.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to restore from an older catalog. Unfortunately, my laziness in backing up resulted in using a backup that's several months old. Lesson learned, thanks for the link/help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem! I used file browser for .lrcat and only returned old catalogs. I can't find the place of my backups. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not know where your backups are going, then I suggest you look in the Folder that has the Catalog .LRCAT file. The default location for Catalog backups is in a sub-folder called "Backups"

You should instead be directing your Catalog backups to another physical hard drive by setting this location from the [Choose] button in the Backup dialog!

ScreenShot317.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines