• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog Error

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the latest Lightroom App. I get this Lightroom Catalog error:

LR Error Message 072617.jpg

I haven't been able to find an answer that can fix this error. I have shut down, turned off, restarted etc. several times. Please help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

You need to have READ and WRITE permissions on the folder that contains the catalog.

You set permissions using the File Explorer. Right click the folder, choose Properties, then click the Security tab.

Click Edit to change permissions, and make sure that Read and Write are checked.

Also, with Lightroom closed, make sure that no LOCK file is present in the folder with the catalog.

If it is, delete it. It will be named something like Apr 25 2013-2-2.lrcat.lock

Do not delete anything else. Now try to la

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder that the catalog file is stored in does not have write permission.

Go into your operating system and change the permissions on that folder to WRITE permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have READ and WRITE permissions on the folder that contains the catalog.

You set permissions using the File Explorer. Right click the folder, choose Properties, then click the Security tab.

Click Edit to change permissions, and make sure that Read and Write are checked.

Also, with Lightroom closed, make sure that no LOCK file is present in the folder with the catalog.

If it is, delete it. It will be named something like Apr 25 2013-2-2.lrcat.lock

Do not delete anything else. Now try to launch Lightroom.

lockfile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the permissions and unchecked the read only. I delete the lock file, but when I come back in to try and open that catalog in LR, it gives me the same message. I go to check the permissions, and they are back to what they were previously. So whatever changes I am making, aren't sticking for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a really old catalog file. Is it on a backup drive or in a zip file or in a backup folder somewhere rather than just open in a folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is backed up...as of June 29th. Not alot new since then. No clue how to use the backup file, it's a zip, but when I try to unzip it, it says there's nothing there. I have never had to use a backup file before. When you look at the file size, there is definitely something there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apr 25 2013-2-2 must be a catalog file because apparently Lightroom recognized it. It seems that the reason Lightroom indicated it was not writable is because it was inside of a zip file. Wherever that catalog file is, if you can just drag it from the zip file that is all you should have to do. Is the zip file really empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's the back up file that is in a zip file, not the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the backup file is a backup of the catalog, it would be a catalog file Inside of the zip file. I don't understand what you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue after an automatic windows upgrade.  I changed all the permissions, deleted the lock files, etc.  I am very frustrated.   The attributes on the folder is an n which is read only.  I can no change it and restore from backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, if you read the above thread, we didn't understand the problem being described. So ... if you have the same problem, then you need to clearly describe the problem. Please give us details. Lots and lots of details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines