• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog, nothing inside since 04-2018!

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 10 days ago, after updating to ver 9.03. I reformatted my Lightroom Classic Catalog as requested, (I'm using iMac with OS 10.15.15 Catalina.)

Lightroom warned me to ensure I had a recent backup version before reformatting. So I backed up, (it took about 10-15 mins, as usual), and I checked the resultant backup file, which was named "14-07-2020". All seemed OK. There it was.

So I reformatted the catalog and was told to reload from the latest version backup.

I loaded that 14-07-2020 file and on Lightroom opening, there was nothing more recent than 18-04-2018!

There should be many thousands of files later than that, right up to 14-07-2020!

I back up the catalog nearly every time I quit Lightroom, using manual command, rather than automatic, (about 4 times a week). The blue line appears, and after 10-15 mins it's finished. It's never indicated that it hasn't completed all the backup.

So I assumed I had loads of recent backups to select.

I tried several. All stop at 18-04-2018! Nothing more recent.

That date of 18-04-2018, rang a bell, it was just about when I moved to Lr Classic Subscription model.

What's happened?  Is it as hopeless as it appears to be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

"Now, I'm wondering, is it possible that that last backup might have created the files between 18.04.2018 - 14.07.2020"

There are no partial Lightroom Classic catalog backups. It backs up everything in the catalog.

What you need to do is search all of your hard disk(s) using your operating system's search feature for all files that contain .LRCAT in the file name. On Windows, you can search for *.LRCAT (Probably on a Mac it is similar, but I don't really know). Then, when you find them, you open

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that is not the case. The answer marked as Correct will be highlighted by a Greeen Check Mark next to the users name and avatar and at the bottom it will say Marked as Correct Answer in a light Blue color.

2020-08-02 11_29_57-Solved_ Lightroom Catalog, nothing inside since 04-2018! - Adobe Support Communi.png

All posts will have a Link at the bottom, in the same place as the one that is marked as correct saying Correct Answer but it is still in the same text color as the other links and the text of the post.

2020-08-02 11_33_36-Solved_ Lightroom Catalog, nothing inside since 04-2018! - Adobe Support Communi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines