• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalogue corrupt, can not be repaired.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my lightroom catalogue got corrupted, no backup, cannot be repaired. Can you please help me to repair it. Thanx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repairing catalogs is (except in very rare cases) impossible.

What you need to do is, in the future, make regular and automated backups of your catalog file and store them on a different disk than your original catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add, what you need to do in the future is make regular and automated backups of everything you can't afford to lose; catalog, images, presets, everything else. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you, good addition. In fact, users really ought to make regular and automated backups of every important document/file, whether Lightroom or not (such as .txt, Word, Excel, PDF, and anything else that is important) to a different disk than the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines