Highlighted

lightroom catelog

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to clear out space on my macbook I deleted my old lightroom catelogs.

I saved the latest version but now everytime I open lightroom it's completely empty.

I've retreived my latest catelog and loaded new photos in.. saved the catelog again and then when I re-open it's still empty and I have to open my last saved catelog again. 

Did I delete something that was a necesity by accident? I can't keep saving whole catelogs to my computer everytime I use it! 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

lightroom catelog

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to clear out space on my macbook I deleted my old lightroom catelogs.

I saved the latest version but now everytime I open lightroom it's completely empty.

I've retreived my latest catelog and loaded new photos in.. saved the catelog again and then when I re-open it's still empty and I have to open my last saved catelog again. 

Did I delete something that was a necesity by accident? I can't keep saving whole catelogs to my computer everytime I use it! 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your computers file browser to search for .LRCAT files, do others exist? Is LrC creating a new catalog each time you launch LrC? If another LRCAT file exist, what happens if you double click on that file?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, Preferences, in the General tab, what do you have selected for Default Catalog?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh I’ve never looked there before, but I did figure out I had to import
my catalog! All is good now, thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines