Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 10.2 - suddenly no presets available

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I am getting a bit desperate with my preset collection as it seems to be nowhere to be found in Lightroom CC 10.2. It should be noted that a few weeks ago my RAID5 on the NAS broke down and at the same time my backup disk also broke down a year ago. Last summer I was still editing various photos and working with the presets, which are now no longer in my catalogue. Due to the RAID loss, I was only able to restore the status from January 2020 and all the work from last year is now due again. This is bearable.

What I have also been using since last summer is the CC Clooud and I have also installed Lightroom CC on my Mac Pro notebook. In addition, I have installed the iOS Lightroom app on my iPhone and all Lightroom apps are connected to my account.

However, as I am now missing my presets, which are available locally on the PC in CameraRAW, I need help to make them all available again on the PC. The import of the presets is acknowledged with the error message "Presets already imported". How do I proceed to get this to work ?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me and tell me exactly how to proceed. Thank you very much.

What is the basic cause of the problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have Preferences> Preset 'Store presets with this catalog' checked. See the below article for more details.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/store-presets-with-catalog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd

Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't store my presets in my catalogue and have never done that.

I rather suspect that the missing presets are related to the cloud and at best to the iOS app. I have my entire presets collection available in Camera Raw directory, but they don't show up in LR and I can't import them from there. I have no clue at the moment where the cause is and have never had this before. However, I only logged into LR a few months ago and connected to it in LR. I haven't synchronised anything yet.Do you have an idea to solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC 10.2 go to Preferences> Presets> Visibility and check 'Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also correctly configured and it is reaaly strange a bit. How can i completely disconnect me from the cloud sync on top right corner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How can i completely disconnect me from the cloud sync on top right corner?"

Click on the Cloud icon and select Pause Syncing. Develop Presets and Camera Profiles are synced to the Lr ecosystem using the Lr Desktop app. As best I can determine they only sync one-way so Lr Desktop, Web, and Mobile apps can't change them in LrC.

Use the Creative Cloud app to uninstall LrC 10.2, restart your system, and then reinstall LrC 10.2. If you still can't see the presets reset LrC Preferences file as outlined at the below link.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines