Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 cancelling monthly subscription

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently running the above on an iMac Sierra 10.12.6

I would like to cease the subscription and would like to know what will happen if I cancel the monthly payments?
Would it be possible to import the catalogue files to Bridge and not lose keywords, albums etc?
I've never really understood CC, do I need to cancel that as well?
Apologies for my lack of knowledge and use of terminology.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you cancel your subscription, Lightroom Classic still works ... mostly ... the Develop Module and the Map Module no longer work. So all of your work is still available to you, you just can't do new edits and you can't use Maps. This means you don't have to do anything to continue to find photos using keywords in the Lightroom Library module. So you don't need to transfer anything to Bridge.

If you cancel your subscription, you don't have to cancel CC (which is a meaningless phrase anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  Does it also mean that I can continue to import,  add keywords etc?
I've never used Map and I can manage in other ways without develop module.
Final question - if I want to reactivate the subscription on a monthly basis at any time is this possible and is there a specific tie period it must be for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does it also mean that I can continue to import, add keywords etc?"

Yes, the Library Module works as it always has, even after you cancel the subscription.

"if I want to reactivate the subscription on a monthly basis"

There are only annual subscriptions. (You can choose to pay monthly, but you commit to subscribe for an entire year)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the basis of your advice I began the cancellation procedure and was struggling to complete??
went to the chat box and have now got 3 free months subscription added to my account!
I will cancel at the end of 3 months anyway but it was worth accepting.
Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines