• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 dont work anymore.

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my Lightroom not working anymore? I have the old desktop version and I payed for it. Now is it not possible for me to open Lightroom and I must buy the new monthly subscription.

Frankly speaking I can not understand this poor behavoir from adobe. Is this the way to treat customers?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015 was subscription only.

It's not clear what you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the old Lightroom was available without subscription. I bought the old desktop version without subscription and it did runs allways without additional costs. I guess Adobe is not willing anymore to give old Lightroom users the possibilty to use the software without subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you did not have Lightroom CC 2015 as your title claims. Lightroom CC 2015 was always subscription. But since you haven't provided any details about your problem other than the extremely un-detailed "can't open it", we really can't help you.

Since you don't like the way Adobe treats its customers, why not move to some other software manufacturer? There are plenty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us more detailed informations about your system. Without any further infos we can't help.

Which version of Windows do you use?

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "actual", "latest" or "recent".

Please describe "my Lightroom not working anymore" more detailed. What is doesn't work? Do you get any error messages? If yes, please post the exact message or post an screenshot. When did the error occur?

What has been changed on your system before the error occur?

More input -> more output!

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, just some info to put things in perspective, In June 2014 the first Lightroom mobile app for iPhone and an update for iPad was released and at the time Lightroom 5.5 (paid license) was released so at that time it was possible to sync smart previews to iPhone and iPad, from Lightroom 5.5.

During the period June 2014 and June 2015 there were several updates and changes until the major upgrade to Lightroom CC 2015.1(subscription) and / Lightroom 6.1 (paid version).

The full details of what transpired are documented in the "Lightroom Journal Blog" the official Adobe site for this purpose.

See the following link https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/06 

As far as I can recall during this period it was possible to sync LR 5.5 to the mobile apps but the LR 6.1 (paid version) was never able to sync with the mobile apps.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines