• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 now will not import Nikon D850 *.JPG or RAW files

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could at least view .jpg files and import now it won't even do that. Therefore I cannot edit my pics in lightroom and don't want a work around fix every time. I don't have time! It does not recognize any of my files when I try to import from camera or from my harddrive. I have Windows 10. Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum & thread title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there is NO version of "Lightroom CC" anymore. There is Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. What exact version of Lightroom are you referring to (version number), and what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (200).pngScreenshot (199).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Creative Cloud, not the stand-alone version if that helps. Not a tech person so doing the best I can here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else is going to have to help you. I simply don't keep up with all the old versions of Lightroom. I have no desire to do so. The version you are reporting is so far behind that I believe it is not capable of working with the raw images from your Nikon camera. The current version of Lightroom is Lightroom Classic 10.1, and is a subscription-based Lightroom available through the creative cloud, payable by monthly or annual subscription. Does any of that sound familiar to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, but due to the fact the creative cloud app kept updating this one and even when I downloaded the newer versions just reinstalled this one/updated it I thought I *had* updated it. I had to totally uninstall every part of the original CC version yesterday and reinstall the Desktop version and it is working. I lost all my settings though but it worked, and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, You are nearly 4 years behind in updates!

The Nikon D850 NEF files were first supported in 2015.13 CR 9.3.1 TBMK (one upgrade after your version!)   (2015.13 was the CC version also known as v6.13 'Standalone')

If you are a Creative Cloud subscriber why are you not upgrading????

Post a screen-clip of the report you see from the Lightroom main MENU: Help > System Info...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID upgrade I thought and it kept saying up to date, I even did it last week, but it did not work until I totally uninstalled everything yesterday and started from scratch. I went last week to install Lightroom Desktop but it just updated the old version. Now it makes a lot of sense but it did take removing every part of Lightroom CC to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it kept saying everything was up to date I had never looked at the version (CC or Classic or whatever) until I had a problem importing anything after the latest update. I just thought I had a glitch with the RAW files and was working around it until I had time to fix it, I only had the camera a few weeks and I was looking for more complicated solutions after it kept saying it was updated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to consider updating the Creative Cloud Application Manager. It's possible that that application isn't up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and it is up to date and updates automatically. Unless I have to uninstall that too, but it says it is up to date, so I don't think that is the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D850 requires Lightroom CC 2015.13. But that doesn't explain why you can't import JPGs, and so you need to explain further. What happens when you try to import? Is there an error message? If so, please quote the exact full complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so Creative Cloud has been updating this version for years and it was updated and I checked last week on the app and everything, and nothing in the app about any other version or saying it was outdated. Yesterday it just said up to date, so I had no reason to believe otherwise until I got my Nikon 850 a few weeks ago and then it didn't work but did import .jpgs until the latest update last week so was just doing that because I didn't have time to figure it out and it kept saying up to date.

So after reading everyone's kind responses I deleted it totally using CCleaner and reinstalled Classic Lightroom from the Creative Cloud app and it is working! 

Thanks so much and now I can edit my pics again in Lightroom! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud  Desktop App.

Image below is a screen shot of current

ACCDA.png

What is your version? (/help/About Creative Cloud/ current is v5.3.1.470

Several versions back, a issue involving failure to show updates occurred. Solution was to remove then install fresh new copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the version I have and it is up to date. I think just a weird Lightroom glitch but seems to be ok now after reinstalling from scratch and all the old files removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, due to problems, See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Then, to download a fresh  new copy, see:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for System Requirements, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

If your system did not meet minimum requirements, then no update would be shown

but, your  Processor looks Ok

OS  looks Ok

RAM Ok

GPU, ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and Creative Cloud is fine, and have the current version and updating ok, the only problem was with Lightroom as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware, when you move past what is in effect Lr6,

Some Plugin file locations will change, you may need to reinstall them

Preset location will diffently change

Presets file format will change

Presets available by default will change

Preset file order will change

Just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I know and why I tried to avoid a new install, but just starting over and at least I can actually import my pics now! I don't do a lot of heavy editing though did use my favorite presets and will try to locate them again but if not, no worries! Also it was annoying my last import the pics were not in temporal order, but hope that was because I had not directly imported them. Anyhow fixing my settings as I go and at least it is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines