• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 sometimes skips a file when opening in Photoshop CC 2017

Participant ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a real estate photographer and every day I open 20-30 images at a time from Lightroom into Photoshop for final editing.   Occasionally, like today, a file from Lightroom just simply gets skipped over and doesn't open in Photoshop.  This doesn't sound like such a bad issue, except when I don't notice it and the next day my client calls me wanting to know where the photo of the master bedroom is.   Does anyone know why this happens, and how to fix it?   I don't want to have to be constantly cross-checking the files in photoshop and lightroom to make sure one didn't get skipped over.   This started happening about 5 months ago, and it's caused some stress with clients and myself due to photos being missing.  It's very intermittent... maybe one in every 200 images gets skipped.   I usually catch it, but sometimes I don't and it can be a big problem. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add:  I am using  "Edit in> Edit In Adobe Photoshop CC 2017..." (my default app) To do this.  I am selecting "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few others have reported this bug for LR 8: Lightroom: Edit In Photoshop doesn't open all photos | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Normally, I'd encourage you to add details of your issue and why you want the bug fixed to the bug report, and to click Me Too and Follow. But you're on an old version no longer supported by Adobe. If you upgrade to LR 8 and still experience the problem, then please do add your two cents and your Me Too vote to the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried LR 8 and it's impossibly slow on my system. Very laggy mouse response times.    I'm running MacOS High Sierra on a Mac Pro 5,1 with 32 GB memory,  lots of hard drive space, and a 2 GB Graphics Card.  Apparently, that's not enough.  This version of LR is very responsive so I've kept it.  Sounds like upgrading to LR 8 won't help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re the performance problems: If you're not on a 4K display, you could try disabling the use of the graphics processor (GPU) and update your graphics driver. That often fixes such performance issues -- LR pushes drivers in ways that most apps don't and stumbles across lots of bugs.  On Macs, the only way to update the graphics driver is to update your Mac OS.

See Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this graphics card right around the time this issue started happening, so it may be related.  But I also updated my OS at the same time as well, so who knows.    I replaced a 500 GB card with this one, so I thought it would be a huge improvement.  I've not seen much in the way of improved performance, but I have noticed this skipped files bug.   I can't say for certain it wasn't happening before... but I didn't notice it until after the new card/OS update.   I tried later versions of LR and PS with and without the GPU use option,  but they were slow on my system either way so I went back to what I'm using now, LR CC 2015 and PS CC 2017.   I recently updated my graphics card outside of updating my Mac OS by going to the NVidia website.  It should be the most current driver available for this card, but I'll check again... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, Here's the link to getting Nvidia drivers outside of Mac OS update:  CUDA Drivers for MAC Archive | NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that LR Classic uses CUDA -- on Mac, it uses Metal or OpenGL: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ . So updating the Nvidia CUDA drivers won't affect LR.

Also, Nvidia and CUDA isn't supported on Mac OS 10.14: https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/02/14/video-nvidia-support-was-abandoned-in-macos-mojave-and-he...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've since upgraded to a new imac with a 5K screen.   It's still skipping images using lightroom cc 2015.13.   I'm still unable to use lightroom 8 due to lags and slowness.  This with a new iMac Retina 5k 27-inch 2019, with 64 GB memory, aan 8 GB pro vega graphics card and a solid state drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GWSHARK101 - The latest version of LR CL is 9.2. Try upgrading to that. Otherwise, just check closely to see if all your desired images have been opened in PS. It should be easy enough to get a count of the images you will be sending to the client. That will let you know if any are missed.

Edit: I just tested this using LR CL V9.2 and PS V21.1. I selected 27 files in LR CL then did "Edit in PS 2020"  All 27 files opened ok.  One way to see how many files have been opened, in the "File -> Open Recent" menu item, you will see a list of the open files starting with the number 0xxxxxx.nef through the highest number file 27xxxxx.nef for example.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines