• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2017 and Lightroom 7 October release rumors

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is plenty of chatter on the rumor forums regarding Lightroom 7 / Lightroom CC 2017 being announced at Adobe Max (October 18th-20th).

Adobe Lightroom 7 Coming Soon

I hope this is true, it's been almost two years since a feature that is of any use to me has been added to Lightroom CC, which I subscribed to on the understanding that upgrades would be on a more frequent bases than the perpetual versions of software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Good timing as far as I'm concerned (if the rumour is true) as my CC is up for renewal in November and I was going to switch back to perpetual as I haven't seen much of value from the CC package over the two years.  So hopefully now I can go over to LR7 rather than 6 perpetual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a question hidden somewhere ...

No-one here knows when and which version is released, and Adobe doesn't tell.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitm07  wrote

There is plenty of chatter on the rumor forums regarding Lightroom 7 / Lightroom CC 2017 being announced at Adobe Max (October 18th-20th).

Adobe Lightroom 7 Coming Soon

I hope this is true, it's been almost two years since a feature that is of any use to me has been added to Lightroom CC, which I subscribed to on the understanding that upgrades would be on a more frequent bases than the perpetual versions of software.

If that was your understanding, that there would be new features that would be of use to you on a more frequent basis, then I think your understanding is a little off. There certainly have been new features made available to LR CC subscribers on a more frequent basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Apple products (iPhone's iPad's and TV's), just the gimmicky boundary warp and guided upright for the rest of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitm07  wrote

I do not know what feature is of use for you, but there where some added in the course of the lifetime of the current version of Lr CC2015

New features summary for the 2015 releases of Lightroom CC . Reviewing them, I wondered how much they were, and what the Lr6 useres where missing! So if you are a CC user expect evolution and not revolution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's development module improvements that interests me.  The dehaze feature and the incorporation of it and the black and white sliders into the local adjustment tools have been welcome additions since the release of Lightroom CC 2015, but there has been very little of interest to non Apple products users for almost two years now (other than camera and lens support)

Since then Adobe have given me the impression that the are holding back products developments in advance of a new version announcement, which will possibly coincide with the release of Lightoom 7 (if it ever happens).  This is what I'd expect from a perceptually licences product, not a subscription based service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t see a lot of « Apple product enhancements ». I saw a lot of mobile enhancements. But practically each iteration of the non-mobile (desktop/laptop version) brought new features.

I think that mixing up all those versions is not good for the Adobe marketing. Mobile and non mobile should be separated. New features should be highlighted (hey, Lr6 users: your missing this and that feature...). Personally, I think the dehaze function is not the greatest achievement. I did a kind of dehaze long before the function. It was only more complicated to do.

But I couldn’t do the panorama wrap and the upright boundary...without calling Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe deem 15 additional Lightroom CC 2015 features introduced since the 5th of October 2015 worth a mention on the new features page of their website, 3 of those are for non mobile devises, the rest are basically Apple this Apple that.

Lightroom CC new features | Buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amambo  wrote

Personally, I think the dehaze function is not the greatest achievement. I did a kind of dehaze long before the function. It was only more complicated to do.

I find the dehaze feature useful for boosting contrast and colour saturation in lacklustre skies, although obviously this can be achieved in other ways.   I was all set to purchase Lightroom 6, until Adobe introduced dehaze in Lightroom CC 2015.1.  I'm planning to return to the perpetual version of Lightroom (if Lightoom 7 is released), but fear that Adobe may throw another curve ball in my direction via the first dot release of the next version of Lightroom CC, before going quiet again on the desktop/laptop new feature front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ok, if you want returning to a perpetual license. You will loose access to Ps which is in my eyes the most useful add to Lr and makes the difference between Lr CC and Lr 6. The rest are useful add-ons that I take with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...the link to Photoshop was one of the reasons I switched to CC as it appeared to be cheaper than upgrading every version or two but there's been little change there either in the two years...nothing that I find indispensable compared to PS 6 which I have anyway.  If photography was still my major income stream and I used PS more maybe I'd feel differently.  When PS6 really does seem out of date I'm glad there now appear to be real alternatives to the subscription out there.  I'd miss LR far more as I've not found anything else that suits my workflow as well.  If it too is going subscription only one day I just hope there'll be an alternative for it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good timing as far as I'm concerned (if the rumour is true) as my CC is up for renewal in November and I was going to switch back to perpetual as I haven't seen much of value from the CC package over the two years.  So hopefully now I can go over to LR7 rather than 6 perpetual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dehaze alternatives: It's in PSE 14 and higher and in MacPhun's Luminar 1.2.2 which can be used as an LR extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other options as well. Here's one: https://www.proloststore.com/products/dehaze

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a great option. Thanks for posting the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the Prolost presets work very well, probably my most used presets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My renewal date is in November as well, which should give us the option of either LR7 (if released) or a Black Friday Photography Plan deal from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

It's ok, if you want returning to a perpetual license. You will loose access to Ps which is in my eyes the most useful add to Lr and makes the difference between Lr CC and Lr 6. The rest are useful add-ons that I take with me.

Losing access to PS and other add on's wouldn't be a major loss for me, as the perpetually licenced Affinity Photo more than covers my editor needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't intensively tested Affinity Photo (dubbed the Photoshop Killer) yet, but inital impressions, it's similar spec and interface, plus the reviews I have read suggest that it's the perpetually licenced PS alternative I've been waiting for the cost of just £80 ($100)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if there is a 7 they might get around to fixing some of the bugs that have been outstanding for years and years and years,....

Such as sorting out the mess thats Capture Date

They clearing aren't doing this as part of the 'maintenance' process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such as sorting out the mess thats Capture Date

Can you enlighten me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread as an example, first post is over 3 years ago and LR 5.7:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-still-inconsistent-capture-date-tim...

Starts -

------

LR has two closely related problems with a single underlying cause:

- With photos and videos missing metadata capture date/times, LR shows inconsistent capture times under the Library thumbnails, in the Metadata panel, and in the Library Filter bar.  Sorting, filtering, and searching with smart collections work inconsistently, using different values for the files' capture times.

- Changing IPTC Date Created in the Metadata panel, either by editing the field or using Metadata > Copy/Paste Metadata, similarly causes inconsistent values to be shown and sorting and searching to work inconsistently.  It also causes date metadata to be written back to the files that doesn't conform with the Metadata Working Group's standard.

The underlying cause is architectural: LR doesn't have a single internal catalog field representing "capture time".  Rather, it maintains capture time in several different fields, and the various parts of LR update those fields inconsistently.

------

With respect to the third paragraph, I got to six fields and stopped counting, Pretty much every action you could do with a date updated a different set of fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me do some 'internal' checking ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search for 'Capture Date' in the forums you'll see that every couple of months someone posts a problem, often a repeat of one of those in the link, rarely nowadays something new and never, as in not once, going by the release notes have I seen one fixed.

FYI:

For each image there are (at least) six places where the 'Capture Date' may be held:

A. exif:DateTimeOriginal in an xml string in column xmp of AdobeAdditionalMetadata

B. photoshop:DateCreated in the same xml string in column xmp of AdobeAdditionalMetadata

C. captureDate in table Adobe_Images

D. dayDate, monthDate and yearDate in table AgHarvestedExifMetadata

E. xmp:CreateDate in an xml string in column xmp of AdobeAdditionalMetadata

F. xmp:ModifyDate in the same string

These are all in the catalog; I didn't count the fields in the sidecar as I got bored and gave up at that point. My guess is that you would find duplicates of A, B, E and F as the column seems to be a copy of key parts of the xmp file.

Note the field names should not be taken literally. E.g. I'm pretty sure the action Menu -> Metadata -> Edit Capture Time ->... changes field B in the above list, begs the question of what is Date Created versus Capture Date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... still waiting for a response .. I'm keeping tabs on it ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines