• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2017 and Lightroom 7 October release rumors

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is plenty of chatter on the rumor forums regarding Lightroom 7 / Lightroom CC 2017 being announced at Adobe Max (October 18th-20th).

Adobe Lightroom 7 Coming Soon

I hope this is true, it's been almost two years since a feature that is of any use to me has been added to Lightroom CC, which I subscribed to on the understanding that upgrades would be on a more frequent bases than the perpetual versions of software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Good timing as far as I'm concerned (if the rumour is true) as my CC is up for renewal in November and I was going to switch back to perpetual as I haven't seen much of value from the CC package over the two years.  So hopefully now I can go over to LR7 rather than 6 perpetual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not fully fixed, sarcasm justified

Some parts still a mess, heres an example that requires very few minutes to execute.

1. Create brand new catalog with latest 'Classic' (version 7.0 release Camera Raw 10.0), catalog preferences set to write changes into XMP, Metadata pane showing 'Default'

2. Choose Two Images from supported camera (in my case Nikon D200) with dates that are far apart, note the dates shown

3. On oldest image Menu->Metadata->Copy Metadata, check select all, Copy

4. On newest image Menu->Metadata->Paste Metadata

Does the displayed capture date change for the second image - No

Now go back to first image

5. Menu->Edit Capture Time and change the capture time to something else, but still different to that for second image

Does the displayed capture date change for the first image - Yes

Now repeat the copy of all Metadata from first image to second image

Does the displayed capture date change for the second image - No

Edit Capture Time on second image - still shows original date from import

Now I don't have the earlier Lightroom available but it may well be that this was partially 'fixed' by just removing the fields from the copy/paste menu dialogs

NB. If Adobe is following car naming conventions would that earlier version now be Vintage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, did they fix three year old bugs, or is it just more yet advanced finger painting in the cloud?

/End sarcasm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no bugs... only features /End joke.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is it a planned feature or an unplanned one?

Example of the latter, is, tried opening CC as window on MAC, result wouldn't allow latest updates, had to keep the window pinned to menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitm07  wrote

The Final Build of the New Adobe Lightroom Released to testers.

If that's true you will be put out of our misery soon and can focus again on helping people...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's true you will be put out of our misery soon and can focus again on helping people...

The build up to a full version release is the fun part for me, after it's been released you are hit with the realisation that at best you are going to get a trickle of new product development, until the next full version is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting to hear your views Nic , I would rather upgrade To LR7 from 5.7 than CC.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F.McLion wrote

There are other options as well. Here's one: https://www.proloststore.com/products/dehaze

This is the option i'd take, although i'd also consider the next version of Lighroom if (as rumored) it is announced at Adobe Max on Wednesday. We already know that Adobe will be announcing a new generation of Creative Cloud apps in their keynote speech, which is likely to be accompanied by a new perpetually licensed version of Lightroom (7 or possibly 2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom CC logo has changed in the Apple store, ahead of today's Creative Clouds (and possibly LR7/2018) announcements at Adobe Max

A New Adobe Lightroom Will be Announced Today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features in the CC version of LR

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press release is now out. A quick overview:

Infographic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines