Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC and Canon IV Tethering - do not save photo to PC

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have PC with WIN 10 (last update). Lighroom v. 10.2. and Canon IV with last firmware. I connect my Canon to PC via USB cabel. Camera is recognized by system. In Lightroom I run Tethering. Set folder in same drive as catalog and start tethering. The bar shows Canon IV and I can set shutter speed etc, run live view and also fire camera. Everything works great, BUT Lightroom does not save photos to destination which I choose in tethering settings. Actually LR does not save photo anywhere in my PC. Photo is just saved to SD/FC card.

What I tried to solve that issue.:

1) Different USB port

2) Camera with/without SD card or CF card

3) Close all program to import photos (google disk, one drive) also Antivirus sw

4) Turn off auto import in windows 

5) Set security on windows folder to minimum (all to all do anything in that folder)

6) Run Lightroom with default preferences

7) Run LR as an admin

8) Create destination folder somewhere else in my PC (different drive)

I don't think the problem is destination becasue LR creates subfolder in folder named by session name so permission are okay. Not sure if I should set something in my Canon. 

Could you help me what to do to solve this issue? All mentioned steps did not help.

Brgds Jan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?