• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom CC Auto Import question

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create an auto import folder I understand that Lightroom automatically reads the data from that folder and writes it to another folder. Does it retain the original? Does it create an exact copy? Can someone please help with this.

Thanks

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Sure it does.

No Subfolders

Watch folder must be empty to start with.

Set the Destination for files that show up in the watched folder (My terminology). IE Moving and or copy the files that show in the Watched folder to some other folder.

You're welcome anyway.

Merry & Happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also meant to ask does it read sub folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about the Watched Folder option or something else.

The only time LR does any Auto importing is IF you have a camera tethered to your computer, not all cameras can be tethered.

or if you have LR set to Watch a certain folder and you place images into that folder. Not sure exactly how that works as I've never used it.

If you are asking about the option in the LR preferences to "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected" then it works sometimes and not other times. But LR has to be running for that to happen if it happens at all.

Just as easy to click the Import button or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+i to open the import dialog windows once you have inseted your memory card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am talking about a watched folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already read that but it doesn't give enough detail about the folder structure or what Lightroom actually does with the photo files. I think I will just try it with a few photos and see what it does.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure it does.

No Subfolders

Watch folder must be empty to start with.

Set the Destination for files that show up in the watched folder (My terminology). IE Moving and or copy the files that show in the Watched folder to some other folder.

You're welcome anyway.

Merry & Happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, Merry and Happy right back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines