Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC can't read folder structure of my catalogue on external ssd

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My lightroom catalogue was working just fine but all of the sudden, it stops detecting my files on my external SSD (Samsung T5).

I can still see all my pictures in the Catalogue and also my Collections are working. But I have no more accesss to my pictures in the folder menu.  There is no ? behind a map to find ovelaying maps or nothing. 

I'm completely stuck and in dire need for help!
Please help me out of this mess.

Kind Regards

Freek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My lightroom catalogue was working just fine but all of the sudden, it stops detecting my files on my external SSD (Samsung T5)."

Detecting? Exactly what step in Lightroom are you referring to? Can you show us a screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paigem

Thanks for the reply, just mentioning that I already linked a screen capture with my first post as png. Ill try and do it here again! 

Knipsel.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see on the capture, I can't see my photos in my D drive. There are no folders inside and if I try to find the root folder it doesn't change anything. Normally my whole structure is in this D map,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes Windows changes the drive letters on your drives. Can you confirm, by looking at the D drive using Windows Explorer, that the photos and folders are there?

Another possibility is that you have accidentally opened the wrong catalog file. Use File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown there to see if you can find the catalog you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original post is here.

Your problem may be caused by windows assigning a different Drive Letter to those drives as stated by dj_paige above.

Sorry for the confusion about branching the other persons post out of your conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! What is a drive letter and how could i try to change it, if this is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Drive Letter IS the Drive letter. C D E whatever.

From your screen shot you seem to have at least a 4 drives connected in some way tpo your computer. C Windows the system drive then D: E: and F:.

The D drive is a smasung External SSD. If for some reaso you had Disconnected that drive and connected another that Other drive would of gotten the Drive Letter of D: and none of the pictures that you had inported into LR from the original Drive D would show as missing. But that does not seem to to be your problem as what is showing is D has NO images inmported from it.

Do a search of your system for .LRCAT to see how many catalogs you have. You may have opened the wrong catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines