Highlighted

Lightroom CC Classic 8.2 Edit in PS not working after PS 20.0.3

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing PS 20.0.3, neither my wife nor I, using identical iMacs, have been able to get picture from LR to PS for editing.  We click to command "Edit in PS", LR asks the original or modified question, PS opens and nothing happens.  Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC Classic 8.2 Edit in PS not working after PS 20.0.3

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing PS 20.0.3, neither my wife nor I, using identical iMacs, have been able to get picture from LR to PS for editing.  We click to command "Edit in PS", LR asks the original or modified question, PS opens and nothing happens.  Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? I had thought this issue was fully cleared up but there is a workaround.

Shut down all of your Adobe applications.

Start up Photoshop and let it fully launch, not just be on the splash screen.

Now launch Lightroom.

Try your transfer now. Should work fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried that..We tried reinstalling both PS and LR.  And I just isolated it to LR, PS, and my network drives.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update--The issue seems to be related to the common network drive we use.  It open a file on that was resident on the iMac own hard drive.  What is the issue with LR's ability to operate in across a network?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there is a glitch with that as of the latest release. It's not happening to everyone, but on some particular computer configurations, its getting stupid and not liking to work on networks. Only locally.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at : After update, I cant send photos to Photoshop to edit

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere recently that someone was having troubles getting files from Lightroom into Photoshop and they were able to solve this by disabling the Photoshop Home Screen in the Preferences.

photoshop-disable-home-screen.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that too..no joy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Beverly+in+Homer+AK  wrote

Tried that too..no joy.

Look at : After update, I cant send photos to Photoshop to edit

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines