Lightroom CC Classic Crashes with Music & Vertical Images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer - windows 10 with the latest version of LR CC Classic.  I couldn't get slideshows to work on my old computer, but I had high hopes with my new computer, however it doesn't work.  I can create a slideshow without music now, however when I select music to add, LR abruptly crashes with no warning once I select the MP3 file to add.

Now I read somewhere that there is a problem when you have both horizontal and vertical files.  So, I tried horizontal only - with the a subset of the same images, same music, and low and behold it works.   However I am a (professional) photographer and I create slide shows with both horizontal and vertical images.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem?  Is there any way to reach a human at Adobe to speak with?  They seem to put up so many walls to interacting with people.  It's very frustrating.  I also started with a clean preferences, rather than import my old ones just in case that was causing the problem

Help please.  I need this capability for my clients!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem on my new computer with newly instaled everything. My Photos are all in landscape so that can't be the issue. No resolution yet? Annoyingly enough my old computer never had this problem with an older unupdated version of lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and after several attempts I clicked the music file twice very quickly and the problem was solved. My slideshow is 482 files a combination of  landscapes and vertical pictures/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand this explanation a little Oscar, and maybe even a screen shot to reinforce where exactly?

Would you call your clicking technique a double left-click?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem start add the music on and it crashes it after it,it send an error report and I can't  start lightroom again it says the catalogue  blaaa blaaa restart my PC and it starts normal again 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit a bug report at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom? Remember to provide as much detail as possible (e.g. OS, number of images, type of images, when the crash occurs, etc)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are adding your issue into a two year old duscussion. PLEASE create your own discussion.

When you do, please include:

1. Description of problem

2. Workflow you have taken that leads to problem

3. System Information as Lightroom Classic reports it. In Lightroom Classic, click on Help, click on System Information, click on Copy. Paste into posting (include all info from first line down to and including plugin info, strip out info after plugin info)

4. And state is this a Desktop, a Laptop, a All In One, etc

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.5; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines