Highlighted

Lightroom cc classic does not find photos on sd card when importing

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i insert my sd card and then want to import photos i get this message: " no photos found". But there are photos on the sd card. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom cc classic does not find photos on sd card when importing

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i insert my sd card and then want to import photos i get this message: " no photos found". But there are photos on the sd card. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 0
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More informations please!!

Which operations system?

Which camera do you use?

Which format does the pictures have? RAW or jpeg?

If the SD card in the camera or in an card reader when you try to import?

Axel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carmenv25180423  wrote

Explain the exact steps you follow, in detail, step-by-step, leaving nothing out, until you get to this message. Show us a screen capture of the end result.

Also, please state your exact version NUMBER of Lightroom (and not words like "current" or "most recent"). Also please state your exact operating system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed lightroom classic cc and when I put my sd card in

the laptop reader, and when I want to import the photos, it says " no

photos found" under the drive where the sd card is. See screenshot attached.

Also when i close lightroom classic cc it gives Adobe QT32 server 11.1 has

stopped working. See screenshot attached

Regards

[Personal information removed by Mod]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carmenv25180423  wrote

I have recently installed lightroom classic cc and when I put my sd card in

the laptop reader, and when I want to import the photos, it says " no

photos found" under the drive where the sd card is. See screenshot attached.

No screen shots are attached. You must attach screen shots via your web browser and not e-mail.

Also "I want to import the photos" is not a step in Lightroom. We need to know the exact steps so we can understand at what point in the process you are when this message appears. Tell us the exact steps that lead up to this point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help others with this issue I am also currently experiencing - unable to import photos off my SD card.  Will attempt to give you all the info :

>Which operations system?

- MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

- Lightroom Classic CC 7.5

>Which camera do you use?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III

>Which format does the pictures have? RAW or jpeg?

RAW

>Is the SD card in the camera or in a card reader when you try to import?

Tried both (in card reader and in camera), neither works, just shows "No Photos Found." Tried with a different card, same result.

Additional Info:

- De-selecting "Don't import suspected duplicates" does not help.

- Able to import photos found other places on my computer (i.e. from desktop), just can't seem to find them from the card.

- I've tried restarting both LR and entire laptop with no success

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum to initial problem report above:  I have tried Uninstalling LR, running creative cloud application cleaner and re-installing LR.  Problem persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 0
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One suggestion you might try is this- (I have read other forum posts where this has worked)

Instead of selecting the camera in 'Devices' go below under {Files} and expand the folders (clicking the spinner triangle) and then select the camera folder with the photos.

So Canon users might see and expand this-

ScreenShot315.jpg

My Nikon files appear in folder {102ND750} like this-

ScreenShot314.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using Lightroom Classic CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the information requested above. This mean we need the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom, and the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. Do not use words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 1
Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What option have you selected near the top of the import window. Like this section.

Import New or All.PNG

If "New Photos" is selected and LR isn't finding any New Photos then whatever photos that are on that card are already imported into the LR catalog file.

Try selecting "All Photos" and if the photos that then show up are grayed out then they are already in the LR catalog file.

Write down one or two of the image names and use the Filter Bar in LR (if not shown hit the \ key to show or hide that bar), the Text option, to search for one of those names to see if LR has already made a record of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, I take a dozen pictures import to Lightroom (which automatically ejects after import). I do this 3 or 4 times in a row then the next time Lightroom won't see any pictures on the card. I close Lightroom and re-open and suddenly it can see the pictures.

Mac OSx Version 10.13.6 (17G65)

Lightroom Version 6.12

This happens all the time for me, I can get pictures 2-5 times in a row then suddenly Lightroom won't see any pictures. I have to close it and re-open it then it will start seeing it again. I tried ejecting the SD card and re-inserting but that doesn't help, only closing/re-opening Lightroom fixes it.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 1.55.32 PM.png

After Closing and Re-opening (never removed SD card from computer)

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 1.56.48 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 0
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't use the latest version. Please install the latest update to Lightroom 6.14 and check again.

Here you'll find the appropriate update: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2018 0