• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic - import dialogue does not work anymore - no file import possible (SOLVED)

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with the most recent version of Lightroom CC Classic (8.4.1.) under Windows Home Premium 64-bit. Until a couple of days ago it worked flawless. Now I do experience a major issue: the import dialogue does not work properly (or: at all).

Once I open the import dialogue and select a folder (or on my internal hard drive or on an external one, either a folder of raws (only) and/or jpegs (only)), Lightroom starts reading the folder (moving circle symbol at the lower left side), but the stops and does not show anything in the main window (where the files for import should be shown).

So, I simply cannot import any files at this point anymore.

I have read and followed various tips of this community (including emptying the cache) before regarding similar issues, but so far nothing has worked successfully. I also read carefully this topic, but also that did not help to solve the issue:https://community.adobe.com/t5/Lightroom-Classic/Lightroom-Classic-Import-not-finding-files/m-p/1063...

Thanks for your ideas/support.

Regards,

Joerg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Copy or as Add?

PLEASE USE THE REPLY FROM THE TOP POST WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS.
Helps to show posts in date/time order, improves visibility (as not hidden in a reply to a reply), and is easier to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all options: add, copy, move.

Basically I have tried probably all combinations in the import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Home Premium and Lightroom Classic 8.4.1. I just tried, mainly for your benefit, importing from an SD card as well as from a folder on a hard drive. I succeeded in doing both with no complications. Both processes completed as expected as they have in the past. My computer is an old HP Pavilion desktop, 8 GB RAM, nothing special about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

the issue is solved.

- Re-Installing &

- Clicking on the "Destination"-tab in the import folder

re-activated everything.

Thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines