• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic Slideshow Export Video Broken

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lightroom CC Classic release 7.1 (with Camera Raw 10.1) which is current as of Dec.22, 2017.  I'm trying to export a slideshow as a video, and it's either VERY slow, or completely stuck... I can not tell which, but the progress bar (at the top left corner of the Lighroom screen) never moves.  I see that people have reported similar problems in years past, but solved them in one way or another.  I find nothing about this release of Lightroom however, so I decided to start a new thread. 

My computer is a MacBookPro running OS X 10.13.2 (High Sierra which is also current as of Dec.22, 2017) , and I have the ffmpeg program installed in /usr/local/bin/ (which is the default for that program, and I thought I'd mention it because I saw a post somewhere that claimed some sort of conflict between that program and Lightroom but I can't find that post today).

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.  Adobe must have tested this, so it must be something about my Mac which is very vanilla.

- Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

I've just discovered that LR will not export a video if it has portrait orientated images in it.....

Try removing any portrait images, leaving just the landscape ones. If that works, take the portrait images and open in Photoshop and extend the canvas horizontally so that your image becomes a landscape one. Insert back into the slideshow and everything should work. (Well, it did for me!)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the 'stuck' file size and what video format is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slide show is a toy example: 7 iPhone images, no music, intro and end slides.  Default video format: 1080. - Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just discovered that LR will not export a video if it has portrait orientated images in it.....

Try removing any portrait images, leaving just the landscape ones. If that works, take the portrait images and open in Photoshop and extend the canvas horizontally so that your image becomes a landscape one. Insert back into the slideshow and everything should work. (Well, it did for me!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant Simon!  My failing example had ONLY portrait images, and after I did that I successfully exported a much larger slideshow video (not a toy example), with imaging having a wide variety of aspect ratios.  I think you nailed it.  I wish I could tag this thread with #BIUG or something that would alert Adobe to a problem that they should fix in the nest release. Thanks for posting the answer Simon. - Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem goes back years.... why can't they fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating,  Why can't Adobe fix this.  I just want to export my slideshow,  I can not crop the portrait images.  It will cut off half the face.  Does Sklyem have slide shows?  perhaps I will switch to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon and Jim, taking the first image in my filmstrip, which originally was in portrait view, and adding canvas in Photoshop so that it became a landscape image, worked for me. Thank you, thank you, very much!
Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow...Simon, you're so right and the situation is so wrong! This issue goes back years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sitting here trying to put 57 pictures into a slideshow and nothing is happening.  I have an hp workstation, dual Xion processors and 48gigs of memory. I have booted the system several times and Lightroom 8.0 several more.  none of the pictures are in portrait mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with LR Classic as well.  Searched and saw the info about not being able to use portrait images in a Slideshow.  I've been doing that for years without any issue.  On my latest slideshow, when I chose export to a video slideshow it hung.  After playing with several options, the issue was the FIRST image was portait image.  If the first image was a landscape aspect ratio it worked, it it was a portrait aspect ratio it hangs.  Took the portrait image to PS, added canvas to make it a landscape orientation and all worked just fine with many other portrait images in the slideshow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue with LR freezing when exporting a slideshow at 1080p.  I posted the following in another thread, but perhaps it will help others who find this thread:

I have found two ways to WORKAROUND the problem of LR freezing when exporting a slideshow to video at 1080p.  Both of these methods work on my Windows 10 system, but there is no guarantee they will work on other systems.  Note that my slideshow has both landscape and portrait images.

Method 1)  Assuming all of the images for the slideshow are in a collection, export the entire collection at full-size in either JPG or TIFF format, sRGB.  When doing the export, rename the output files using Sequence-Filename.  Next, import these new files back into LR, create a collection of these files and make the slideshow using these files.  Exporting as video at 1080p should work fine.  (The order of the images will match the original slideshow because of using Sequence-Filename when creating the new images.)

Method 2) Assuming all of the images for the slideshow are in a collection, export the collection as a new catalog.  Select the collection, then File > Export As Catalog, checking Export Negative files and Include Available Previews.  Open this new catalog and create the slideshow.  Exporting as video at 1080p should work fine.

On my system, LR crashed intermittently when adding an .MP4 music file to the slideshow.  In Preferences > Performance, turning off Use Graphics Processor allowed me to add the music without the crash.  After the music was added, I could re-enable Use Graphics Processor, but I'm not sure it made anything go faster.  (That's just my system which is a few years old.)

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Method 1 worked for me including some videos clips with the jpegs. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralf,

I'm so glad to hear that Method 1 worked for you!  Very cool.

Stay safe...

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Method 1) worked like a champ. Been struggling with this issue for a long time. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Method 2 worked perfectly for me, thank you!! I was creating a slideshow for a funeral in 2 days and was starting to PANIC. Thanks for your time in writing this solution for us all. Hopefully Adobe will get off their bums and find a fix for the next round of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date 2020-04-25.

This problem of portrait images hanging slideshow export still remains.  System Mac Mojave 10.14.6 Lightroom Classic 9.2.1

A very silly bug and an annoying workaround when you don't have Photoshop.

My workaround - In LR I created a virtual copy. Then I cropped to Square. That worked.

This is the file that caused the hang. The only portrait in my slide set.

Metadata

MetadataMetadata

IMG_1944.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that this problem still exists for you.
We would like to collect some Diagnostic files from your end.

1. Quit Lightroom.
  2. Create a file name it config.lua. Paste the following content : 

loggers["MediaCore"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["VideoSequencing"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["MediaCoreController"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["SlideshowPlayer"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["SlideshowPlaylist"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}
​

• Paste the config.lua file in the following location : HOMEDIR/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom
  • Launch Lightroom and try to create and play slideshow.
  • Quit Lightroom.
  • Zip and Share the folder with us which should have been created in the following location :HOMEDIR/Documents/LrClassicLogs

Thanks !

Regards, Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has this log been investigated yet, I'm running Big Sur 11.1, on a 27" iMac 2020 with i9 processor and 72 Gb of memory. LR Classic 10.1.1.

If I try to export to video from Slideshow module and there is portriat image the export hangs, no error message, the export just stops. The portrait image doesnt have to be at any specific position in the slide show for this issue to happen. This is a most frustrating issue that I've spent 2 days with various slideshows, video resolution etc.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Lightroom 6.0 on my Macbook Air (from mid-2018, running Big Sur now). I have been completely unable to export video slideshows at 1080p using a 24fps timelapse preset for a while now. All of my photos are in landscape orientation and JPG format. Exporting just hangs at 10-20% completion and my fans are going close to full speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for finding a workaround, really good of you to post:-)

IMHO Adobe still really need to fix this, having a work around is one thing, but its not a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something that's worked for me so I'm going to share in case it helps others. I save my work into a folder on my desktop, it's says extracting and seems to just hang on the first part for ages then ends, and then I go to the folder and nothing is there, but then if I rename the folder my saved work magically turns up. This literally works for me everytime. Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines