• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC from Desktop and Laptop using the same catalog

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted a suggestion on how to work with Lightroom CC from Desktop and Laptop using the same catalog without making a mess.

I only have one catalog and one laptop the moment, I want to buy a dekstop pc so that I can have a better machine to edit images and timelapses when at home. 

But, Since I'm home for very short period of times I often find myself editing images from my laptop as I travel. Also, I need to have all of my best images with me to be able to share them online or to new clients that could reach out to me when I'm on the road.  (New clients normally reach out to ask about images on my porfolio or images that I shared online so is not milion of pictures but maybe a selection of 1000 images)

Does anybody has the same situation? Or even better, a solution that works? 🙂
P.s. Laptop is Apple Dekstop Pc is going to be a Windows 
Thanks!
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The simplest solution is to keep the catalog folder and all the photos on an external hard disk that you use with both computers. But since you will be using a Mac and a PC, there may be compatibility problems.

This is something I know very little about, I only use Windows myself, but you will need to look into this.

Another option is to keep the catalog folder and the photos on Dropbox.

I've been doing this for years with two desktop computers, and it works very well.

But there are a few rules that must be followed.

Breaking these rules can get you into trouble.

Let's say that you've finished working in Lightroom on computer A, so you close Lightroom. You now have to wait until Dropbox has finished syncing before you turn the computer off.

Then you want to continue working on computer B, and you turn it on.

You now have to wait until Dropbox has finished syncing before you launch Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines