• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC has stopped sending photos to Thunderbird to email

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often email photos and have been using the Lightroom email photos function which did just what I wanted - it attached jpegs to s new message in Thunderbird (on Windows 10 machine), where I added text and addrreses. Just a few days ago it was working perferctly, but yesterday it no longer worked. Everything looked fine in Lightroom, but no message was created in Tbird. I have tried rebooting etc. but the problem peersists. I am not aware of changing any settings or anything, but LR may mave updated (to 10.11). I can't think of anThere have been no other changes as far as I know,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Try using the "built-in" Export/For Email.   If it works than try the regular Email Export.  This has worked for me in the past.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.46.52 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Thank you, Bob, That worked. Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell you why that feature had stopped working. Frankly, trying to automate everything through Lightroom has frustrated me in the past to the point that I don't worry about it anymore. Now, when I want to e-mail an image I simply export a JPEG copy. Then I open my e-mail program the way I normally use it and compose my message and attach the JPEG image as an attachment. It's simple, and it always works. After I have sent the e-mail I usually delete the JPEG copy because it isn't needed anymore. It beats trying to figure out why the other way does or doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. Tht's what I used to do and may have to do again, but it saved a lot steps using the email function while it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the "built-in" Export/For Email.   If it works than try the regular Email Export.  This has worked for me in the past.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.46.52 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bob, That worked. Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@heronsong 

After you used the Export/For Email did you try the REGULAR(Right Click and Email Photo) email technique again.  For me, the Export/For Email kickstarted the Regular Email Photo to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did, and yes it did. It seems to be working fine now. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same configuration. I'm currently running TB 78.6.1 (32-bit) so you may want to check your version.

I use the LR "Email photo ..." but then have to find the TB Write window created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines