Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC windows 10 latest

i6700k

32GB 2400ghz RAM

SSD

GTX 1070

Yet, Lightroom is slow AF

Tor Ivan Boine on Twitter: "Does anyone have an idea why @Lightroom is so slow? I've done all the "o...

I have done all the tricks, but none of them helped. I even did a clean install of windows. LR worked, for a couple of weeks. Then it went back to being useless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking for advice or sharing a tweet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiboine,

We're sorry to hear the issue has returned. To help us understand what might be happening, please answer the following questions the best of your knowledge.

• How many files does your catalog have? What is the size of your catalog?
  • Are your images store on a local drive, external hard drive or a NAZ?
  • Have you tried opening Lightroom in Safe Mode? Does the speed improve?

On Twitter, you mentioned: "yes. I have tried it all. yes, it got better on that other account. but that's no solution."

Do mean another Windows account?

You also mentioned you already reinstalled Windows and did a clean install of Lightroom. What other troubleshooting steps have you taken? Please feel free to post links to articles you used as a reference.

Since reinstalling Windows, have you also verified that your drives are up to date as well?

What is running slow? Startup, slow on importing/exporting images, brush strokes? This will help us narrow down what might be causing the issue.

How slow? Any detailed information such as: how long it takes in seconds.  Ex: Exporting 50 photos takes 12 minutes or 5 brush strokes take 9 seconds before you have cursor control again.

Please DM me the following items via a sharable link such a Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc:

• A higher resolution video of the issue?
  • Your system information, which can be found by going to Help > System Info while in Lightroom.

I've also reached out to you with direct message.

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• My catalog has under 90k images. mostly raws.
  • Images, cache, and catalog are stored on local SSD.
  • I have tried it all. reset the prefs, changed cache size, change catalog location, turned on/off GPU acc. everything.

Here's a video of the slowness Lightroom slow - YouTube

Lightroom is less slow when using another local windows account. LR has been so slow for so long that I don't really know how fast/slow LR should be.

here's the system info LR slow - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not slow for me.

Please be very specific: what actions in Lightroom are slow?

Tell us your hardware

• CPU
  • GPU
  • Memory
  • Hard disk free space and total space (if you have several hard disks, give the number for each)
  • Monitor size (in pixels, not inches)

Also tell us the size of the images taken by your camera (in pixels or megapixels, not megabytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's slow AF again. I can't pin the slowness to any action I have taken. LR was fine, then suddenly it wasn't. Seasonable flu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the If something worked, then it did. not,  what changed?

Lightroom Classic upgrade?

Windows 10 update?

NVIDIA driver update?

Other software, other driver

Some hardware going kaput?

A change in previews used, a change in metadata options (turned camp sidecars on)

On the Windows update, Has your power settings changed? Was it High Performance? Should You Use the Balanced, Power Saver, or High Performance Power Plan on Windows?

On the GPU front, in NVIDIA control panel, is power management set for Maximum? Or did it default back to Optimal? (for Lightroom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is the only app on my computer that doesn't work as intended.
here is an example on how slow it is Lightroom - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you answer our questions about your computer and your images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says so in the video ...

Intel 6700k 4.4 ghz

nvidia GTX 1070

32GB 2400mhz

couple 100 GB free space on each drive

3440x1440px

mostly 24 mp images. some bigger panos in dng. but mostly native raw files.

lightroom app, presets, settings, catalog etc is on SSD.

images are on HDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiboine  wrote

it says so in the video ...

Sorry, I am at work, and our computer network security blocks most videos. I can answer tonight from home, or you can type in what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP also provided this link that show the Sys Info

LR slow - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No rush. I appreciate that you guys take the time to help me with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cannot help here, but I see similar issue like in the video on my PC and cannot find any solution for it: The LR startup is really slow since some time (not sure which LR release introduced this, but issue was not there always). Maybe not as slow as seen in OPs video, but it takes up to 25s until the LR GUI is fully loaded. When LR has finished loading, there is no slowness anymore, just the startup is incredibly slow.

It does not matter how big the loaded catalog is, whether plugins are loaded or not, if preferences are reset or not. The PC is quite new with latest OS and drivers (Intel i8700 CPU, 16 GB RAM, iGPU, NVMe SSD (for OS, LR, Catalog and images)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't watch the full seven minutes of the video. You could have typed the problem and saved me (and probably you) a lot of time. Based on the first three minutes of the video, I agree with the above, my first thought is the anti-virus software is scanning either the catalog or the photos or the previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Hard to convey what slow is without a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running any antivirus software? Make sure you exclude the catalog and preview database from scanning. Also there is some issue with some sort of indexing service in windows 10 that makes Lightroom Classic startup and opening of the import panel extremely slow as it slows down all requests to show the available hard disks. I don't use windows so don't know where the setting is to turn off but have read about the problem here on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I don't have any anti-virus shite going on. Only windows defender (or what's it called). But I turned off indexing https://winaero.com/blog/disable-search-indexing-windows-10/

And that seemed to do the trick!

Now I can finally do stuff instead of having to take a coffee break after each action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That only worked for a little while. 

LR is somewhat better if I restart the PC beforehand ... 

but it is still crapslow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines