• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC keeps hanging after updating to Version 10.0

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the latest version of Lightroom, Version 10.0 a couple of days ago. Ever since the upgrade, after about five minutes of using Lightroom my computer freezes and then restarts. The points to note are:

• It's always crashed when I'm using an external hard drive
  • I'm on a 21" iMac with the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Computer Freezes and then Restarts you have a Computer hardware problem.

LrC V10 might be Taxing your computer hardware more than previous version of LrC and that is why this problem has been exposed but in the end it is a Computer hardware problem. Could be overheating.

You can Roll Back to LrC 9.4 from the CC desktop app.

This post is for rolling back Ps but the process is the same for LrC.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/roll-back-to-previous-photoshop-version/m-p/11549967...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is doing the same thing except I'm using the hard drive on my computer and it happened 4 times while spot removing... I have a 27" iMac that I bought 2 years ago and the latest operating system. I went as far as factory resetting my computer because I thought it was my computer. It didn't do much though. Not sure what to do because it's busy season and I have tons of work to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem! It's not my computer. I have a brand new iMac and it started just last night when I installed the Lightroom update. It is 100% the Lightroom update. It has some sort of bug. It won't let me crop or spot remove and the it's crashing constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that its the update. I havent been able to edit anything cause it freezes up all the time since the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!! so frustrating. I even reinstall the operating system to the latest software available because my Mac was so slow and now it restarts all the time while in Lightroom. How can we fix this problem ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here, macos 10.15.7, old iMac = unable to open catalog, new mac pro (1 month)= Lightroom crash after 5 min. Never had any problem with lightroom update before this version. Absolutely no problem with other 2021 CC apps.

This update is absolutely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I suggest to all that you Roll Back to LrC 9.4 from the instructions given in the other thread about doing that for Ps.

It is the same Process as uninstalling V10 and reinstalling V9.4

2020-10-28 18_23_12-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

2020-10-29 19_01_29-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

2020-10-29 19_02_12-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same probleme without using an external hard disk. I shared the automatic error report in another post. I hope this will be sorted out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same probleme without using an external hard disk. I shared the automatic error report in another post. I hope this will be sorted out soon."

I assume this means that you didn't try the suggestions made earlier in this thread. Please try them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rolled back to 9.4 and it works perfectly. I'm looking forward to a resolution to this problem — Surely we should be able to use Lightroom 10 without any problems on the latest iMac with the latest OS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think wouldn't you.

But clearly that is not the case most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw various comments in other groups regards to the same issue. I decided to contact Adobe and they fixed it, took a long time with them accessing my Mac but seems like its fixed as didn't restart after that. I would suggest you to contact Adobe through the chat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines