• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Library Module no longer showing thumbnails or previews.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer shutdown unexpectedly while I was importing a massive number of Pics from a wedding.  All the pics that before the shutdown turned out fine, but when I went to finish importing the rest, Library would no longer show thumbnails or previews.  I can still see the images in the Develop module but no thumbnails.  Rebooted the computer several times and tried to import files from a different card but got the same results.  What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Looking at your screen-clip-

The current selected folder 20170128 (1211 photos) has the grey previews-

You should try first changing your default monitor profile to sRGB (as per link) to test if the current profile is corrupt.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Lightroom is very sensitive to the monitor profile in use, and may not show thumbnails when other programs will.

If no change, then try the steps to delete the Previ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen-clip with the library grid view and thumbnails no longer showing?

Your OS? What Lightroom Version Number? Importing how?

Answers before considering possibilities!

One possibility is that your "Previews" folder has become corrupted. A fix for this is to delete the Previews folder using the operating system.  Delete the folder  {  Your Catalog Name Previews.LRDATA }.  Caution: Do NOT delete the { xxxx.LRCAT } catalog file.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.  LR CC 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screen-clip-

The current selected folder 20170128 (1211 photos) has the grey previews-

You should try first changing your default monitor profile to sRGB (as per link) to test if the current profile is corrupt.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Lightroom is very sensitive to the monitor profile in use, and may not show thumbnails when other programs will.

If no change, then try the steps to delete the Previews folder-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-says-preview-cache-corrupted-fix/

I also note from your screen-clip you have many folders that Lightroom cannot find- indicated by the "?" on the folder names. These folders of images may be on an external drive not connected, or you have moved or renamed these folders with the operating system.

Missing Files and Folders video at-

Lightroom and Photoshop Tutorials, Tips and Training by Laura Shoe

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved the file on my external hard drive and had LR find the missing folder after the move and that did the trick.  Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines