Highlighted

Lightroom CC not responding, will not open or close

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have had lots of trouble with my lightroom recently as I have not been able to open or close it. It stays constantly on a not responding status and therefore I am unable to open or force quit. I operate my lightroom catalog from an external hard drive which is only approx. 10% full. As for my computer its only about a week old and has more than enough storage. Before lightroom stopped responding it was extremely slow. Any ideas how to get my lightroom running again? 

Topics

Bug, Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC not responding, will not open or close

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have had lots of trouble with my lightroom recently as I have not been able to open or close it. It stays constantly on a not responding status and therefore I am unable to open or force quit. I operate my lightroom catalog from an external hard drive which is only approx. 10% full. As for my computer its only about a week old and has more than enough storage. Before lightroom stopped responding it was extremely slow. Any ideas how to get my lightroom running again? 

Topics

Bug, Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version number and not only phrases as "actual" or "newest". 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's confusing naming system has confused us all. Are you talking about the cloud-based software Lightroom or the desktop focused Lightroom Classic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines