• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Clasic problem with copying and syncing settings

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , I was wondering if you could help me with my Lightroom Classic problem. For some reason syncing and copying settings doesn't work, but it did in the past. When I try to copy or synk settings It freezes up my program and I need to press escape button to unfreeze my screen. I am able to change settings  individually but it wont let me copy them and apply to others.

I hope you can help! Agata

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

When you do Sync Settings, do you see the Synchronize Settings window (where you select which settings to copy)? If not, then likely LR has gotten confused and opening the window underneath the main LR window.  To possible fixes:

1. In Library, do the menu command Window > Screen Mode > Normal.  Then make the main LR window as small as you can. Click Sync Settings, and use the mouse to shift around the main LR window to see if the Synchronize Settings window is buried underneath.

2. Try rese

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do Sync Settings, do you see the Synchronize Settings window (where you select which settings to copy)? If not, then likely LR has gotten confused and opening the window underneath the main LR window.  To possible fixes:

1. In Library, do the menu command Window > Screen Mode > Normal.  Then make the main LR window as small as you can. Click Sync Settings, and use the mouse to shift around the main LR window to see if the Synchronize Settings window is buried underneath.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. (The remembered positions of windows are stored in the preferences file.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 

Fix 1 worked 🙂

Issue was with the second screen and hidden Synchronize Settings window.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines