• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.0 extremely slow on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac 2019 with macOS Catalina, 16 GB, 2400MHz, Grapichs Radeon Pro 555X 2 GB. It used to work very fast with the version before this one. This two days since the actualization it's been horribly slow (only Lightroom) What can I do? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to be sure the settings regarding the use of the Graphics Processor are set the way they were before.

Check to make sure face detection is turned off. Check to make sure Sync with Lightroom Mobile is turned off. Check to make sure address lookup is turned off. When I say "check", I do not mean that you should state that you never use these features. I mean visually check the settings to make sure they haven't been accidentally turned on somehow.

And provide some more information please ... horribly slow performing what actions? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

As soon as I turn on Lightroom everything I try to do is slow, even changing from one pinture to the next. I don't do much to my photos, only the basics (exposure, contrast, hsl) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plugins do you have? Any of them not compatible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm not sure if I have any plug-ins... I use Lightroom for the very basic and I've never installed anything extra. All this happened two days ago, after the actualization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this same issue, but with a Mac Pro 2010, 2x3.46 6-core, 1 TB Evo SSD, 28GB RAM, Radeon RX 580 8GB.
I've tried all the usual things, optimize, turn off syncing (address, face, cloud), increase cache size, purge cache, disable/enable GPU acceleration. No plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've uninstalled and reinstalled LR Classic, still the same. I came across this article and noticed the bit about screen resolution (I have a 4K 27" monitor but set it to 2560x1440), and when LR is full size it's very slow, but when I resize the LR window to half size or smaller, it speeds up drastically, but I can't use half of the screen to view/edit photos.
I also built 1:1 previews and it helped a little. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here... 

I´ve a 30" 4K monitor

Mojave

MacPro 5.1 2x3,33 6-core

96GB RAM

Radeon RX570 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. macOS Mojave, MacMini 2020, i7, 32GB mem. I see it as being back to LR5/6 performance.

It looks like it's regenerating the thumbnails when browsing in the library module, and so forth. It looks like a very buggy release - but adobe is used to thouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Catalina, 16 GB. It used to worke fine with Lightroom classic 9.4. Since update to LRC 10.0 the whole process is very slow. Scrolling through pictures is horrible. No Plugins. I already checked sttings for GPU accelleration (turned on, off, automatic), but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One quick follow-up... changing the color profile on the mac display (system settings/disply/colors) to Apple RGB will leasd to an increase of the performace. So it seems to be related to the slected profile of the used monitor. Switching back to the default profile settings, will slow the performace down immediately. Hope this information will help to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue currently being investigated by Adobe QE. You can add your experience to https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-mac-user-interface-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great hint! That's exactly what I was looking for.

The LR 10 Classic Update was unbelievable slow in grid view (Mac Pro 5,1 / 48 GB RAM / NVMe / macOs 10.14.6 / Radeon RX 580 8 GB). After changing the Colour profile from my monitor to sRGB it was like 10x faster(!)

Btw: The Developement feels quicker and faster with this update, good job on this one.

Hopefully the colour profile bug will be fixed soon ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Same! Ugh!

iMac27" late 2013, Catalina 10.15.7

Flawless prior to LR update to 10.0. I Have deadlins to meet and it's s..l..o..w.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it going to be solved one day?
Unusably slow!
It freeze up to whole computer!
MacPro 2013 12 cores 64Gb! 
MacOS 10.14.6
AMD Radeon HD FirePRo D700 6Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to LrC 10.1.1 and recalibrating the monitors with i1Profiler v3.3.0, the same issue of unresponsive interface happens. The only way of out is to force a reboot of the computer!

MacOS 10.14.6

What a misery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After upgrading to LrC 10.1.1 and recalibrating the monitors with i1Profiler v3.3.0 the same issue of unresponsive interface happens. 
The only way of out is to force a reboot of the computer!

MacOS 10.14.6

What a misery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines