• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 appears to be a resource hog. Is there going to be a fix for Apple Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Big Sur with:

Late 2014 Imac 27" Retna 5K

3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

32 GB 1600MH DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2 GB 

Since I upgraded to Big Sur and LrC 10.1.1 performance of LrC is very very slow - plus there are graphic problems - sections of my screen showing garbage video while in LrC.

Is Adobe going to admit they've got a problem with Big Sur, and are they going to fix it?  

What's the repair recommendation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people are experiencing problems with LR 10.0, 10.1, and 10.1.1 on all versions of Mac OS. Adobe has acknowledged these issues, and we can hope that 10.2 will fix them.  LR usually releases every two months, and 10.1 came out on 12/8, so we might expect 10.2 the first week of February.  However, 10.1.1 was an unusual "patch" release to fix a cloud-sync problem, so the regular schedule might have shifted (Adobe rarely lets us know ahead of time).

There may be multiple issues going on, so different workarounds have worked for some people:

- Set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

- If you have a custom color profile assigned to your display from a calibrator or running System Preferences > Displays > Color > Calibrate, set the display profile to Color LCD (for a Retina display).

- Roll back to 10.0 (easy):

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/ 

- Roll back to 9.4 (hard, ask for details if you get this desperate).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thank you for responding.  Having worked in Software Product Management for 15+ years - I know how these things work.  When Adobe did regression testing on 10.1.1 they didn't test all the configurations - or the problem solved with 10.1.1 was more important than users with my configuration.

This is not a feature enhancement - it is another bug - and Adobe should be releaseing a 10.1.2 patch to fix this - having to wait until February to get 10.2 - which might not fix this issue, is unacceptable when I'm paying so much for a software subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in agreement with the recommended fix for the current state, provided by John.

I am also user of an earlier iMac 27” 5K system with a standard 2GB GPU card, if you look at LrC Version 10 system requirements “Recomended GPU” it is clear that you should come to the realization that your GPU is not up to the task. It's not possible to upgrade the GPU of your iMac, so if Adobe is unable to make a fix then we no longer have the option toutilize the GPU acceleration feature. My other concern is that while we have upgraded to Big Sur it's likely we will not be able to install the next major upgrade of macOS, our system is on the verge of retirement.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"This is not a feature enhancement - it is another bug - and Adobe should be releaseing a 10.1.2 patch to fix this - having to wait until February to get 10.2 - which might not fix this issue, is unacceptable when I'm paying so much for a software subscription."

I agree. But Adobe product developers won't see your feedback, since they rarely participate here. They want all product feedback posted to the official feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom 

They do read everything posted there and often engage with it (but often not).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines