• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 faliling to open up

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 does not open. Does anyone else have the same issue, please help..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can happen if Lightroom Classic was not properly shut down. Search your drive for a ".lock" file. If you find it in the folder with your Lightroom Classic catalog, delete it. Be EXTREMELY careful not to delete anything else.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply, would I reinstalled the whole Adobe creatve cloud and al apps three times including full pc reinstall with a fresh sart, the issue remains. Do you think it would still be the same lock file issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using?

How do you attempt to start the program and what evidence is there that the program is not starting?

Has 10.1.1 ever been successfully opened before?

Have you added image files to a catalog yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 64 bit. The Lighroom was working fine though slow not opening up. Now it wont open up. However if i go intio adobe creative cloud app and try to reinstall it without restarting the pc, i keep getting message close the lightroom first!!!. I am new to Adobe and not sure whats going on!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attaching the screenshot that shows the message i get if i try to open the lightroom and when it does not open if i try to reinstall it or go to older version.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue. Had no issues starting it up until a week ago, starts up and imediatly shuts down. Win 10, LR Classic with latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file named       Lightroom catalog-2-2-v10.Ircat.lock      What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a [your-catalog-name].lock file next to you catalog while LrC is not running, delete it as already stated by KRseals.

Removing and reinstalling will not clean up the lock file.

Always make sure to properly shut down LrC before shuting down the computer.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have deleted it twice but it keeps on coming back and LR is doing the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a file         LR Cat 2-2-v10 Ircat-wal       and 14 temporary files. should/can I delete these

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to try is resetting preferences:

https://filtergrade.com/how-to-reset-lightroom-preferences/#:~:text=When%20starting%20Lightroom%2C%2...

If that does not help, I'd try to manually deactivate the GPU:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-2

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried resetting per directions but LR still would not open   Manually deactivating didnt work because Icould not find the text   useAutoBahn  to change it. Also just found that PS will not open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tried to open LR older catalog 2-2   instead of catalog 2-2-v10 and it wants to know if I want to upgrade older version. Would this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines