• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1 for MAC - templates import problem

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import some old format develop templates. Import works fine when using the Import Presets option. However, all imported templates are shown under User Presets and there is no way to import templates organized in (sub)folders.

I have tried to place the lrtemplate files in the /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presers/[preset folder]/[preset filename.lrtemplate]. After LR restart, nothing happens and templates are not visible.

I have also tried to import the ZIP file with XMP templates organized in subfolders withing the archive, but again, all presets are shown under User Pesets.

Can you please help? This is a huge problem as it makes presets unusable.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

This Plugin is the most useful for organizing Develop Presets! Thanks to John Ellis.

"Make the subfolders on disk containing the presets’ .xmp files mirror the groups of presets shown in the Preset panel."

Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround I found so fr is to do the following:

1. Create new preset (Untitled Preset) and create new preeset group
  2. A folder for that group will appear in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings
  3. Right click the preset group and select Import option
  4. Select presets that you want to import
  5. Imported presets will appear under the  group folder
  6. Delete the dummy new template (Untitled Preset)

This is a workaround but it can be very tedious since I have a lot of template from variouss vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Plugin is the most useful for organizing Develop Presets! Thanks to John Ellis.

"Make the subfolders on disk containing the presets’ .xmp files mirror the groups of presets shown in the Preset panel."

Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not understand why Adobe does not fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines