• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.2 freezes when zooming images on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, two days ago I decided to update Lightroom from 9.4 to 10.2 and now I have problem with zooming images. Shortly after opening Lightroom everythings works very fast, but after 10-15 minutes it's getting much worse. Zooming starts to lag, sometimes even freezing Lightroom for 5-10 seconds. I need to restart Lightroom every 15-20 minutes to keep it working fast. How can I fix this issue?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Lightroom Classic by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Lightroom to check if that helps.

You can also try optimizing the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it didn't help. Lightroom still slows down after a while when I am doing photo selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the steps shared above didn't help. Could you please check if there's an update available for the operating system?

Also, please update Graphics drivers and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have my system and drivers up to date.

Problem doesn't occur when I am working only on editing for example 20 photos. But when I am doing photo selection and go through hundreads of photos, LR slows down after viewing 150-200 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I tried but it didn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines