Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.2 "unable to move" files between folders on macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am rearranging my photos, moving them between folders. I'm doing this from within LR, as recommended. At one point, I got lost in the folder forest trying to move some files but was able to put them back in their original folder. However, ever since then, LR says it's unable to move any more files or folders. (It can access and edit them with no problems.) What to do? Restarting LR or the computer didn't work.

I'm on a MacBook running Big Sur and my LR version is 10.2.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Magda

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic while trying to move images between folders.

Please check out the steps suggested below:

1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines