Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.3 crashes on startup

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I just downloaded Lightroom Classic today and I haven't had any other issues with any of the adobe apps on my desktop. Everytime I go to open the app, it immediatley crashes. I have tried renaming the SLStore and SLCache folders to SLStoreold and SLCacheold and that hasn't worked either. I recently backed my entire mac onto an external hardrive, however I put the System Library file back onto my mac. Any suggestions or solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Albi

I'm trying to parse your statement "I recently backed my entire mac onto an external hardrive, however I put the System Library file back onto my mac. Any suggestions or solutions?"

I need to understand: are you trying to run your Mac from an external drive? Please verify.

If so, that will not work, at least as far as allowing it to run like a Mac normally would and I think that might have something to do with this. 

And if you are trying to run your Mac off an external drive, why are you doing that? Are you running out of space on your current internal hard drive?

(and if I'm reading this wrong I apologise.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I’m not trying to run it from an external hard drive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for verifying that part. 

But I'm still confused as to why you replace the System Library Folder back onto your computer? Did you have any specific reason for this? Did you by any chance keep a copy of the original incase something went wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install LrC?

Be specific, be wordy. Details..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a brand new installation of LrC?

Or is it an upgrade?

Do you have previous LrC catalogs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote, you stated "Everytime I go to open the app, it immediately crashes."

Please clarify does Lightroom Classic boot and open the Catalog and then suddenly crash or does it just fail to launch the Catalog?

If you were installing LrC to upgrade an earlier version please provide details of your upgrade procedure and experience.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines