• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10 constantly crashing and extremly slow

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded 2 days ago and since then its just unusable. Every folder I open takes ages to display the content and each picture will be rendered with my adjustments as if it would be the first time. This is just unusable and I never had such a bad experience with a Lightroom upddate before.

Also it shuts down without any warning on random actions.

The behaviour goes across the updated Software from Adobe an d also affects Photoshop and Bridge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version NUMBER of your operating system.

Make sure all your plugins are compatible with LrC 10.0. Get rid of any Logitech plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the quick reply!

My OS is - macOS Catalina - Version 10.15.7

There are no Logitech plugins installed and how can I check the compatibility of the installed plugins?

Some of the installed Plug-ins are showing in Plug-in Manager but not listed in the Plug-in Extras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable all of them, temporarily, to see if the problem goes away.

You can also get in touch with the plug-in manufacturer to see if it is compatible with LrC 10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same for me. This version of Lightroom has something major wrong with it. I don't have any plugins and until yesterday it was working perfectly. Now just endless beachballs smh. 

They need to abandon LRC, its a turd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 10 has some serious issues at least on the Mac. Got a new iMac a few days ago and was quite happy with the LR 9 performance on it.

Then I updated to LR 10...Slooow. Reminded me of an old tagline "The magic of Windows, turns your PC-AT into a PC-XT".

Plus, it has masking issues and has actually changed some of the adjustment masks I had done in V9.

Went back to my MacBook Pro and found the same issues.

Downgraded back to v9 and it works as expected. Just comparing and recovering a couple of sessions that I had in LR 10 and then it's back to LR 9 on both systems. LR 10 is not practically usable for me and yes, it does freeze completely at times.

Have not seen such an update of any application in years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here....Runs shockingly SLOW on a MacPro 2013 64gb RAM where 9.4 is smooth. Will downgrade for now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Use Graphics Processor and see if that make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply....I should have mentioned that I am on the most recent version of MacOS and have done ALL of the steps on Adobe's site and those found through an extensive Google search.... GPU use, cache size, smart previews, etc, etc. Still SLOOOOOOWWWWW. Lol. 

Thanks for your help and looking forward to a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems after upgrading to LR10. Serious issues with my Mac being very very slow and crashing. I have disabled all plugins and turned off the performance button. Unfortunately it doesnt solve the problem.

I will go back to LR9. Adobe should do a better job before letting us upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem! Each click needs 1-2 seconds until I can see a reaction. Until two days ago with LR classic 9 I did'nt have any problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with 2010 Mac Pro:

LRC v9 working fine, update to v10 and takes a few (maybe 5) sec to browse previews, it's unusable. Has anyone seen a comment from Adobe about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add your comments to this thread, which is being monitored by Adobe Developers https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v10-ui-very-slow-af...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines