• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10 Unexpected error opening catalog

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed MacOS Catalina so I can use Lightroom Classic CC 10. Everytime I open Lightroom I get the error message: 

Unexpected error opening catalog. The catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error.

I get the same error even if I try to create a new catlaog. I have uninstalled and installed several times. I even reinstalled the previous version 9.4. It works. I tried to upgrade to LR CC 10 from 9.4 and get the same error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, also unintalled and reinstalled numerous time. I even tied having Lightroom 10 install new catalog. That also generated the same error 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all MACOS members with this issue. 

I recommend that you post it over at the official Adobe Feedback site, where Adobe Techs pay attention. They may provide you with a private email invite to send the catalog over to them for analysis Appears to be a MAC vs Adobe issue???

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Recommend that you include your system information as LrC reports it, in the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe working on it. I have uploaded a catalog and logs to them. Although they seem to have gone silent on the issue. I'll try your suggestion as well since it can't hurt. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, please keep me updated.

Gary Kramer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, can't open anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error here. Did you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved my issue. I wiped my drive, did a clean install of Big Sur, then used the Lightroom Classic installer which installed Creative Cloud then Lightroom Classic in one installer. This fixed the problem for me and all is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install Lightroom 10 and point it to your 9.3 catalog? I'm doing a clean install of Big Sur and I'm not sure How to go forword with Lightroom. I have my 9.3 catalog, do I just put it into my pictures folder and tell Lightroom were it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did a clean install of Big Sur, then the Lightroom installer, then just opened my 9.3 catalog. It asked to renaim it and converted it to v10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info I’m going to reinstall Lightroom tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have the same problem... on fresh install... i have install reinstall a lot of times ... same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Adobe told me it was a known issue and they are working on it with no date for a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines