• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 export JPEG (quality 100) looks very different from image in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the post-processing world and have run into an issue I can't solve no matter how many articles I read. I have seen posts addressing color calibration, but these two images are so far off, there must be something else wrong. Professionals who create images and export them for clients to view in the wild certainly cannot expect this much difference...

Thanks for any pointers!

jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

The issue (fixed by Adobe support) was a corrupted import. Deleting and re-importing the tif file solved the issue.

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. THe broner image lloks like a scan. The image in the Lightroom window, looks like and edited image, where the levels were corrected. More details please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have seen posts addressing color calibration, but these two images are so far off, there must be something else wrong." 

Did you even try correcting monitor calibration? Sometimes the calibration can be wayyyy off. 

Also, please state the application (not Lightroom) that you are using to look at the image, and please show us screen captures of your Export dialog box. 

Also, export quality settings will usually have only a trivial impact on colors, it's irrelevant here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go through the color correction on the Mac's Display settings, and whether I use the new color map, the old one, the sRGB one, it changes slightly but never gets close to the LR version. If that's not the right way, please tell me how; I haven't seen anything beyond that in all the Googling I've done. I also haven't seen anything regarding a collop corrected viewer for the Mac, though both Preview (shown) and Chrome give the same over-sepia'd, washed out look. 

Export screen attached.

jimScreen Shot 2020-05-25 at 8.26.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR image is heavily edited, mostly as a learning curve with no significant objective though I liked the b&w with a touch of sepia look, as well as more contrast. I then exported it at 100% to a jpeg, and opened it in Preview on the Mac. I also tried Chrome with the same results. I know it looks like a scan - that's the problem 🙂

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue (fixed by Adobe support) was a corrupted import. Deleting and re-importing the tif file solved the issue.

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines