• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 "Problem with brush tool" macOS 10.14.5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently began having a problem with the brush tool with all local adjustments that use it included graduated filter, radial filter and adjustment brush. It will erase fine, but if I switch back to add, it continues to erase. Anyone else having this problem? If so, any solutions? Thanks in advance.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide any further details so the community can assist you?

Is this in Lightroom (Cloud) Desktop and if so, which version number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes! I'm on LR Classic cloud, 8.3.1 release and MacBook Pro OS 10.14.5. The problem is intermittent. Seems like the brush tool keeps getting stuck on erase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app​

Hi Jody,

That shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right.

As the brush tool is not working as expected, Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences?

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom

If that does not help then you should try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and see if that help: How to set Lightroom Classic preferences

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick reply! At the moment it's working, but I will try your recommendations when/if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines