• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 8.4 and 9.0 Not Importing or Playing previously imported video?? HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started to have problem with Lightroom Classic 8.4 where I can not import Video's, getting Error "An unknown error had occured while reading the Video file. Connecting to Dynamic Link Server failed". Then Lightroom stopped playing previously imported videos too saying "there is an error working with the Video". I upgraded to Lightroom 9, and the same issue exist.

I read all the postings on this and contacted support but nothing helped. After more than 30 minutes with suppoort doing remote support session on my MacBook Pro, the recommended course was to exit Lightroom, go to activity monitor, stop Dynamiclinkmanager and dynamiclinkmediaserver processes, start lightroom againa and import. This did work once or twice but then stopped working.

I created a new Catalog to import the files and got the same error:

Error Importing Video.jpeg

I then Opened Lightroom 6 and imported the videos and it worked fine.

This tells me something happened with Lightroom 8 and lightroom 9 that is preventing Video's from being imported and playing in Lightroom. My same machine, operating system and video files worked on Lightroom 6 but not LR8 and 9.

This is so frustrating. ANY Help is resolving this issue is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, chiming in here that I've had issues with this too. Just updated to the latest Classic and was hoping this issue was solved. I use Lightroom to organise my photo and video files before I start editing them. Can't import any video files at all, which is quite frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and no solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have no resolution either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution but it needs a massive internet speed. I just don't understand why Adobe doesn't have the experties to fix this issue. 

The solution is import to Lightroom CC Mobile (NOT CLASSIC) and then sync with classic. apperantly it worked. 

This solution works if you have few video files that you need to import if you get that error (some import operation were not performed an unknown error has occured). This will not work for me as I need to import over 10,000 videos. 

JUST FIX IT ADOBE!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you've ever installed a 360 camera plugin then this might be the solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/can-t-import-videos-in-lrc-9-3-quot-there-is-a-prob...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines