Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: erroneous multiple preset export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.0 BUG REPORT

I can't modify or even see values for export presets because it grays them out, erroneously thinking I have multiple presets checked, even when it clearly acknowleges there is only one checked ("Multiple presets: Selected 1 Preset").  What this means is, that either I must use presets without being able to see what values are being used, or if I want to modify or see the values, then I can't use presets.

I tried restarting my computer, and I even tried making a new preset in Lr 9.0, but no luck.  As soon as I check the preset, everything's grayed out.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

If you only want to Export with ONE Preset- simply [Click] on the wanted Preset name. Do not tick any checkbox.

(The values that show before choosing a Preset will be those from the last Preset used (sticky), until you click on another, or re-define the options.)

But, I agree- the "Multiple presets: Selected 1 Preset" message is strange and needs a code modification in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Hi,

For single export, Behavior is to click on the preset name which will highlight the preset and user can still change the settings.

Checking even one preset will trigger batch export and hence the greying out.

However, we've noted your feedback and will try to prioritize and improve the same.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Ok I see what you are talking about.

IF you place a check mark in any preset it grays out the adjustment area. BUT If you only Highlight a preset, you don't place a check mark in the box, you can then make changes to any of the adjustment.

And to get out of selecting, highlighting, any one of the presets just click in an open area of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.14.6

Export window, no preset checked:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.02.05 PM.png

Export window, one preset checked, everything grayed out, and not displaying the preset:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.02.34 PM.png

You'll notice it thinks multiple presets are checked, even though it also says only one is checked in the same breath.  It then directs me to a Help page that cheerfully explains that all I have to do is uncheck them all, then check the one I want to modify ... except that doesn't work, because that's exactly what I did to begin with.  And yes, I verified that none of the other presets was checked.  Oh, and "some sections are hidden" really means "all sections are hidden".

Here's the Help page if you're interested:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html#multi-batch-expo... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, not shown in your screenshots, down at the bottom. bellow sharpening, below watermark, a apply presets section. What is in that section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only want to Export with ONE Preset- simply [Click] on the wanted Preset name. Do not tick any checkbox.

(The values that show before choosing a Preset will be those from the last Preset used (sticky), until you click on another, or re-define the options.)

But, I agree- the "Multiple presets: Selected 1 Preset" message is strange and needs a code modification in the software.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For single export, Behavior is to click on the preset name which will highlight the preset and user can still change the settings.

Checking even one preset will trigger batch export and hence the greying out.

However, we've noted your feedback and will try to prioritize and improve the same.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see what you are talking about.

IF you place a check mark in any preset it grays out the adjustment area. BUT If you only Highlight a preset, you don't place a check mark in the box, you can then make changes to any of the adjustment.

And to get out of selecting, highlighting, any one of the presets just click in an open area of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset still does not work correctly. If you highlight the preset, change an existing custom file name, it puts the old file name on the file.  It allows you to rename the file to another filename but records the original filename used to make the preset.  This also happens when using two presets.  You can change their preset name, but it records and old preset file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After changing the existing custom file name, Are you exporting? or Checking the box against the preset name before exporting?

If checkbox is used, It uses the settings defined in the preset which are static.
Settings of preset are not dynamically updated.

One need to explicitly update them by right-clicking on the preset name and using "Update with Current settings" option.

If that's not the case, Can you share a sample video to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.   I did a batch export to a different preset.   Now all my presets think I'm doing a batch export and won't allow me to export a single file with a custom file name.  What gives?  How do I get out of this mess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you removed ALL checkmarks from ALL Presets?

To only use ONE Export preset that you can modify (eg. change file naming), you only need to click on the Preset NAME and NOT place any checkmarks whatsoever.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you,so much.It's been driving me crazy and it was such a simple solution. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines