• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.0 freezes multiple times macOS

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Lightroom Classic, and I've been experiencing the same issue since 2018 in multiple versions of this program.

Computer specs:

MacBook Pro 13inch 2018

Processor 2,7GHz Intel Core i7

16GB RAM

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536MB

Lightroom Version
9.0 release Camera Raw 12.0

Many times when I'm using lightroom, switching from library to develop and viceversa, editing, and/or using filters to filter rated photos, the application freezes. It doesn't respond but it's still functional, I don't need to force quit to close the application, I can quit the application with command+q.

When it freezes, most functionality is disabled, I can't click to switch filters, or can't continue editing photos, or switch to library or develop mode.

This issue does not have a common pattern, but it happens a lot. 

I've disabled the option tu use Graphics Processor and Updated my catalog settings to use a preview based on my screen resolution, and to reduce the preview size.

My computer works normally in all programs, except for lighroom.

Please, let me know, I'm paying for this application, it's frustraiting that I have to quit it multiple times to continue working.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Lightroom freezing, as you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, could you please try creating a new catalog and let us know how it goes?

Also, could you try creating a new user account on macOS and test Lightroom on that account, then let us know if it freezes? https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response, the application is working faster since I've optimized the preview image size, and turned off the GPU option, but it's still freezing.

This is a new Catalog and it happened before in with other Catalogues.

I'm sorry but I can't do the steps of creating a new account on my computer to test the application with another user, I can't do the QA for you guys.

Anyway, I've formatted my computer a month ago, and reinstalled everything, so I don't think this could be an issue related to my user account.

Do you have any other suggestion that I could try?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines