Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.0 slow on macOS

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this last update.
While using LR9, I noticed performance loss on my Macbook pro.
slow to use Brush, Crop, Mouse lock, and worst of all, Macbook Pro fans never stop. This is very bad. Version 8.4.1 was better in all aspects mentioned above. I hope you guys fix it quickly, it's hurting my work a lot.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 

2,9 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are facing with Lightroom Classic version 9.0.

Would you mind checking the below mentioned details and performing the steps to check if it helps?

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and increase the Camera Raw Cache size to 10.0GB or more.
  2. On the same tab, check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image editing and uncheck the option to Generate Previews in Parallel.
  3. On the Performance tab itself, select off from the drop down for Use Graphic Processor
  4. Go to the General tab and check the box to Replace Embedded previews by standard previews during idle time.

Once you have made the above-mentioned changes, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic prior to testing the application.

You can also try: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, thanks for replying. I am sorry, but that does not change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sing Acronis Active Protection?

see: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr-cc-9-update-extremely-slow-after-update?to...

No idea if a better workaround exists than in that post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines