• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom Classic 9.0 will not open files in photoshop as layers.

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom Classic 9.0 will not open files in photoshop as layers. Using Macbook Pro with Photoshop 21.0.1.  When I try to execute, Photoshop will open but no files will transfer.  Works fine transitioning one file to Photoshop from Lightroom to edit.  Checked forums but was not able to find any similar issues.  Ran the Creative Cloud cleaning tool but did not fix issue.  Anyone else having this problem or a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is at 9.2 right now, so first update and then try again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do that.  When I go to updates in the Help menu or check with cloud updates, they say I am up to date with  9.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else with any ideas?  Don't know if version 9.2. is available or not, but my version and the Cloud say 9.0 is the current version and that I am up to date.  Appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do that.  When I go to updates in the Help menu or check with cloud updates, they say I am up to date with  9.0.

1. You generaly do not get updates in the current product by clicking on Help

2. What are you referring to by stating check with cloud updates? Are you referring to using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Installs, activations, (well one way), authentication, and updates are accomplished via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

note: yes you can also deactivate via adobe.com

note: yes you can install via download from obscure web page, but generaly only if you have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw the followup responses, did not show up for some reason.  The desktop app is what I mean byt the Cloud.  It says I am up to date when I check it for updates.  I am using a Macbook Pro, may be the 9.2 is for Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, sign out, then sign back in (only if you have internet access when you do so)

No Joy? You might need to uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, just that one little App, not the various programs, and install a fresh new copy from a fresh new download.

see the following links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your assistance.  I had to uninstall CC, reinstall it, then reinstall both LR Classic and PS.  LR Classic did update to 9.2 with the reinstall but still wold not work until I also reinstalled PS. 

Thanks much,

JDP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines