• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.1 does NOT utilise GPU at all

Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MBP16 right out of the box a clean install and also super clean install Adobe Lr and Ps.

Can someone please tell me, why the GPU is ZERO utilised even if automatically detected and shown in preferences of Lr.

Preferences settings:

2019-12-12_09-50-36.png

PLEASE Adobe, support Mac GPU correctly - instead of not at all ingnoring needs of all Mac users, thanks! Mac is the graphics computer, not Windows! (Except at Adobe probably...)

FCPX, Capture One 12, all runs super performing. But using Adobe software, my new power machine is to my awareness not faster like my old MBP13 Early 2015 having only 16 GB RAM and some crappy Intel on board graphics:

Here the specs of the new MBP16:

2019-12-12_09-37-31.png

This screenshot has been made during conversion of many ARW to DNG, well that's what I call a flat line:

2019-12-12_09-41-15.png

If I work in C1 or FCP, the AMD section becsomes quite colourfull.

On the CPU side it was the opposite. Made no screen shot but you may believe me.

----

I did the test for a second time after manually activating the AMD usage and setting like so:

2019-12-12_10-01-08.png

After restarting of Lr with the new setting, there was NO difference at all, and the CPU had to do all the work, the GPU was not utilised:

2019-12-12_09-57-12.png

Yet another explaining video:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In view of your last comment, I'd suggest you post this at the official Adobe feedback site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I did first. Using the standard settings after a super clean install on a super clean new MBP16. Just unboxed and set up. - Sorry, if this isn't clearly enough written in my descripton.

If it is set to Auto, I can not check what you are suggestion.

2019-12-12_10-09-25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your last screenshot you're in the Library module, wheras the new GPU improvements are mainly targetted at the Develop process. Do you see any activity when editing in Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added a screenshot to my last reply - does this answer your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: ...and of course I want to use GPU for image processing. Converting ARW to DNG is to my understanding "image processing"

2019-12-12_10-13-57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working on Windows PC, aren't you? Let me guess: no such performance problems there at all... Can you as support professional move this to the link you suggested? Don't want to waste more time on a thing that should be working perfect without complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both Mac and Windows, though neither of my systems have a good enough graphics card to support anything more than basic acceleration. 

Sorry, I have no admin privileges on either of the two different web-sites, so I'm unable to move your post from this site to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...it is super annoying and disappointing, Adobe supports the Mac community so ultimatively not at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim for your reply. But I'd rather prefer a solution of Adobe instead of some suggestion to move this to an other thread.

Posting something here is becoming self captivated in a treadmill.

As long I have no contact to a developer aware of this problem, the whole Adobe community and forums system is nothing else than a gigantic waste of time and NO support system at all because not one Adobe empolyee truly in charge of customer support is ever reading all this millions of messages here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please understand that this is a User-to-User forum, i.e. it is intended for users to seek help with their Lightroom questions, which other users in the community volunteer their time to try to provide an answer. Although the site is hosted by Adobe, their engineers/developers only make the occasional appearance here. In the situation where you wanted to try to get an answer directly from Adobe, you would do better to post your question at the official Adobe feedback site where Adobe staff are meant to read all posts (though they don't answer them all).

I've already given you the link to that more appropriate site, but it's entirely your choice whether to use it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, no usable solution yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a second. "Use GPU" does of course not mean all processing is done in the GPU!

I can not for a second believe that converting to DNG has any business in the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D_Fosse 's reply makes sense to me also... Maybe one of the super engineering gurus can chime in more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines